Hacking EZ Flash hangs on modded Gameboy pocket

Stevusisdead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased the EZ Flash Jr and a modded gameboy pocket, I'm using a sandisk 2gb card on firmware .4. it worked perfectly on my GBA ags 001. It worked for the first game I played on the Pocket then it got stuck in a loop and never loaded again after I stopped. is there a solution?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just purchased the EZ Flash Jr and a modded gameboy pocket, I'm using a sandisk 2gb card on firmware .4. it worked perfectly on my GBA ags 001. It worked for the first game I played on the Pocket then it got stuck in a loop and never loaded again after I stopped. is there a solution?
Where does it get stuck exactly? The official site says "Known issue: if user does not have an enough fast speed SD card. it will halt in LOADING or OSINIT screen after upgrade.", this pertains specifically to the 1.05e release candidate FW. Did you update to that recently?
My experience with older non-SDHC SanDisk cards is they are VERY slow. Slowest cards I have owned (I test every new card I buy with CrystalDiskMark to make sure they deliver), a decent non-HC card will have at least 13-14MB/s read speed. But that doesn't take into acount IOPS (operations per second), which may also matter for the EZFlash Jr.
I use Toshiba 4GB MicroSDs that came out of a 3DS XL and a n3DS non-XL and have not had loading issues from cold boot. But the reset button doesn't work, it causes it to hang on loading, think that might just be a bug with the release candidate FW though.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Stevusisdead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get this. I popped in an older almost dead battery and left a fresh one in there and it seemed to work fine. It was getting stuck in the loading loop after the Nintendo screen with both the smaller and larger, faster SD card. I'll keep everyone posted.

luisf50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Get this. I popped in an older almost dead battery and left a fresh one in there and it seemed to work fine. It was getting stuck in the loading loop after the Nintendo screen with both the smaller and larger, faster SD card. I'll keep everyone posted.
I have this same issue, I tried new eneloop batteries but it doesn't work :(

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by djpannda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat