Hacking EZ-Flash 3 in 1 Saves - GBALdr + R4

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using an EZ-Flash 3 in 1 in a DS Lite with an R4 and GBALdr.

1. How do I get a battery save from VBA to work with GBALdr. VBA will use a save from GBALdr so that is no problem.

2. The battery save from EX-Flash 3 in 1 is only written to my "Saver" file when I load a game. Is there a utility that will run on the R4 that will write SRAM to my Kingston micro SD?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. There is no difference in the save data used by VBA and the 3-in-1, so the save file probably just needs to be padded to the same size as the save files that GBALdr uses (256KB IIRC). I wrote a windows batch script that will do this automatically. You can get it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1354

2. GBALdr automatically backs up the current save when it writes a new game to the 3-in-1. You can back the save up manually at any time, but I forget exactly how you do it in GBALdr (I haven't used GBALdr for quite a while now). You probably have to select a save file (press L or R to change the file filter) and press A, then choose the appropriate option to write the SRAM save to that file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol