EZ-Flash 3 in 1 Saves - GBALdr + R4

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Arch Feline, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Arch Feline
    OP

Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    United States
    I am using an EZ-Flash 3 in 1 in a DS Lite with an R4 and GBALdr.

1. How do I get a battery save from VBA to work with GBALdr. VBA will use a save from GBALdr so that is no problem.

2. The battery save from EX-Flash 3 in 1 is only written to my "Saver" file when I load a game. Is there a utility that will run on the R4 that will write SRAM to my Kingston micro SD?

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    1. There is no difference in the save data used by VBA and the 3-in-1, so the save file probably just needs to be padded to the same size as the save files that GBALdr uses (256KB IIRC). I wrote a windows batch script that will do this automatically. You can get it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1354

2. GBALdr automatically backs up the current save when it writes a new game to the 3-in-1. You can back the save up manually at any time, but I forget exactly how you do it in GBALdr (I haven't used GBALdr for quite a while now). You probably have to select a save file (press L or R to change the file filter) and press A, then choose the appropriate option to write the SRAM save to that file.

3. 123ericn

123ericn Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2007
    United States
    how about a gameshark save is there any way yo use that on the 3-1 i use gbaldr 0.5

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    VBA can convert Gameshark .sps saves. Just load the rom in VBA, import the Gameshark save, and export a battery file. The .sav file that VBA exports will work in GBA ExpLoader.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice