Hacking EZ flash 3-in-1 Problem

someguylololo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As my google powers have failed me, I feel as if I have no option but to ask for help.

I recently bought a EZ flash 3-in-1 original (from what I can tell) for my DS lite. I also have an Acekard 2i which is using AKAIO v.1.8.1. After receiving the item, I put a number of ROMs on my micro-SD card, including Mother 3 which was one of the main reasons for my purchase. I then turned my DS on and attempted to play Mother 3 via AKAIO, which did not happen. After selecting the ROM, the notification said "Erasing NOR flash... Do not power off!" and a progress bar appeared. After that had completed, it then said "Loading GBA game..." but did nothing. There was no progress bar, and nothing happened, as if it had frozen. The DS hadn't completely frozen as the clock continued to work fine on the top screen, but I was forced to restart. I then tested another ROM that was smaller in size and it loaded perfectly. Doing some googling, I downloaded EXPloader to see if that helped. I entered NOR mode, selected the ROM and it went through a couple progress bars before coming to "Copying to NOR..." which stayed at 0% frozen. At that point I figured I had a bad ROM, so I downloaded a new one and applied the english patch while keeping the original japanese one. I then SRAM patched and attempted to trim the files, but the program (GBA Tool Advance) wouldn't allow it. I then copied these files over and experienced the same problems as before. I then attempted to load the other smaller ROMS in exploader via NOR mode, and none of them worked.

I don't know what is going on, but from what I can find, nobody else is having my problem. I only hope I am not missing something completely obvious and that I explained the situation as best as possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
please run the homebrew "gba exploader" and report back what 3in1 version you have. gba exploader will report it (on the top bar) as the 3in1pls. make sure you are using gba exploader v.58b0. what you are describing is what happens with akaio and the 3in1+.

-another world

someguylololo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
please run the homebrew "gba exploader" and report back what 3in1 version you have. gba exploader will report it (on the top bar) as the 3in1pls. make sure you are using gba exploader v.58b0. what you are describing is what happens with akaio and the 3in1+.

-another world
Using v.05b0, it only says [3in1]

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your copy of mother 3 might be slightly oversized by a few bytes, thus the not loading. If you can run mother 3 on an emulator from your computer just fine, it just means it will not currently fit in the NOR of the 3in1. What you can do is try a gba file trimmer to make it fit in the NOR space.

someguylololo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Your copy of mother 3 might be slightly oversized by a few bytes, thus the not loading. If you can run mother 3 on an emulator from your computer just fine, it just means it will not currently fit in the NOR of the 3in1. What you can do is try a gba file trimmer to make it fit in the NOR space.
I thought that as well, but when I used GBATA, the trim button was greyed out. I also tried using NDSTokyoTrim and it said that the file was already trimmed.

someguylololo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Then your rom source was probably already patched for something else. I ran a copy of mother 3 on the old 3in1 I got runing without the loading issue you got with yours.
Unfortunately I've tried a number of different downloads and they have all encountered the same problem.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I said maybe not is.

You will have to visually inspect the PCB for any defects. The guide to do that is on my sig, first link that says 3in1 answers.

Then you will need try and write another 32MB game (Something other than Mother 3) to the 3in1. If you can write the game to NOR, it would be your setup on the AK, not a hardware defect in that case.

If you can't, it most likely means the you hit the write limit on the NOR if it is a version 1 of the 3in1. In this case you will have to get a new 3in1.

someguylololo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I unscrewed and opened up the 3 in 1 and confirmed that it is an orginal version. I also checked for defects and didn't see anything noticable.
I then found another game that was 32mb and tried loading that, but encountered the same problem as Mother 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing