dragon574444

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, title pretty much explains it. The PSRAM mode works fine, it saves fine, but when I go to use the NOR mode, it doesn't get past erasing NOR 0%, both in AKAIO's built in launcher and Rudolph's Exploader. I've tried using the blank NOR function in AKAIO and I even tried to clearing the SRAM with a program called Diagnose. Nothing. Any ideas? Is there a way to physically delete it?

Thanks

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is a write limit to the NOR used in the 3in1. Constantly earsing the NOR eats into the write limit.

If you want to continually screw your 3in1, here are things to use:
Hyperlisk's NOR Eraser: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=2710
Blank SRAM.BIN file for GBA Exploader: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=2435

If you end up with a bricked 3in1 after use, NOT MY PROBLEM, I warned you.

D

Deleted-236924

He didn't say he didn't have one either.
A lot of people don't even know the 3in1+ exists, so they just refer to every version as "3in1"

dragon574444

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I forgot to mention it is a Plus. Could you please explain about this phantom game bug? I read through the two links in your sig, I don't think this bug was adressed there. I did consider the possibility of me reaching the write limit, but 50 writes is probably a high guess, I haven't used it too much.

On a related note, when I use either the Acekard's, the NDS's, or EXPloader's way of launching the game in the NOR, I'm able to see a GameBoy Advance logo, but no Nintendo logo, not game boots. Just for kicks, I tried using rudolph's GBA back-up software to rip the game in the NOR, and the game title is ____ FF, it's 16 MB, and uses Flash 512k saves
wtf.gif

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The phantom game bug is when you can't write a new game to NOR on the 3in1, and when you try to delete the game from NOR AKAIO says there is nothing there. The fix for it is to use another flashcart to write a game to the 3in1+ or use something like the NDS backup tool 3in1 to backup a small game to the 3in1+, thus erasing anything in NOR and SRAM automatically.

You can use the SRAM test to reset the contents of the SRAM, it should be preformed on a flashcart that doesn't have problems with homebrew.

If you don't have a second flashcart, it would be wise to get one for fixing purposes if nothing else.

If the AK2/i is your only flashcart, use the official firmware to run any fixes. If you don't want to use the official firmware, you will need to use the ak2_sd.dldi from the official firmware file and replace the one in the AKAIO folder, otherwise you will ALWAYS have issues running some homebrew including gba exploader.

dragon574444

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. I don't think the phantom game bug is my problem. I've tried using the DS back-up tool as well, no dice. Simply won't go past Erasing NOR... 0%.

The first tool you linked said that it only needed to erase one block. Not sure if that means anything.

I don't really want to buy another one of these things...

Cooper_W_489

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a write limit to the NOR used in the 3in1. Constantly earsing the NOR eats into the write limit.

If you want to continually screw your 3in1, here are things to use:
Hyperlisk's NOR Eraser: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=2710
Blank SRAM.BIN file for GBA Exploader: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=2435

If you end up with a bricked 3in1 after use, NOT MY PROBLEM, I warned you.
well luckily the links are broken and they can no longer download them. would there be a way to reliably erase the sram of a 3in1, or are we going to have to be stuck with the "there is a gba game inserted" message on the start menu?

Reactions: DSoryu

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well luckily the links are broken and they can no longer download them. would there be a way to reliably erase the sram of a 3in1, or are we going to have to be stuck with the "there is a gba game inserted" message on the start menu?
Late answer, but here:
Hyperlisk's NOR Eraser: https://www.thetechgame.com/Downloads/id=66548/hyperlisks-nor-eraser.html
Blank SRAM.BIN file for EZ-Flash 3in1: https://www.thetechgame.com/Downloads/id=66387/blank-srambin-file-for-ezflash-3in1.html
You will need to have an account to be able to download them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries