EZ-Flash 3-in-1 and DS Browser

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Skyline969, Feb 27, 2009.

Feb 27, 2009
  1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Ok, so I'm buying an EZ-Flash 3-in-1 memory expansion pack. Which DS browser should I get (a homebrew or the official Opera one) and do I need to patch it somehow? If so, could someone please direct me to where I need to go?

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Why not put them all on your card so you have a choice when you boot the DS?

Ones that need slot-2 RAM: Opera, DSLinux
    Ones that run without it: DSOrganize, Bunjalloo, DSHobro (with DSHobro if you keep the error message up when launching the server you can still connect if you manually input the IP)

4. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Got it. I'll patch the browser with the patch I found on one of the links on the thread how_do showed me. And I'll probably use the opera browser. Bunjalloo sucks, DSHobro... useless in my opinion (I'd rather use DS2Win and just open Firefox), and I'll try DSOrganize, although I feel it's not gonna be too good either. Thanks for the info!

EDIT: I read and couldn't fully understand. What the hell does GBAExploader do? Is it a GBA game loader that allows greater compatibility with GBA expansion packs?

5. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    DSHobro is a good browser but are you aware that you have to turn DSHobro software on, on your PC if you want to use DSHobro on your DS? Which is a bother.

6. Mist3rJ3r3my

Newcomer Mist3rJ3r3my Member

United States
    gbaexploader lets you load gba roms from your ndscart as if a normal catridge, temporarily allow rumble support and memory expansion by a soft reset.

You would have to start gbaexploader and pick the memory expansion everytime you turn on your ds to use the opera browser.

patch the opera browser so you don't have to do this everytime, thats ur best option, its what I did

7. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    I have the patch ready to go, gonna download Opera DS right now.
    And yes wilddenim, I am aware that I need the DSHobro software, which is why I said I would rather use DS2Win since it's essentially the same shit, but in a different pile. [​IMG] Besides, with DS2Win you can control your entire computer with your DS which is kinda cool.
    So that's what GBAExploader does huh? Doesn't Sakura do that automatically though, provided you have a GBA Expansion cart?

8. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Thread is running, so I won't be closing it, but I'll move it to appropriate section [​IMG]

9. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Thanks Toni! [​IMG]