Extracting romfs files.... or something.

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I extracted a cia with a umm.... hack pack i think it was called. (It had a icon of some anime girl) To be honest this isn't the first time i done this, i did it for rom injections before but this is a Eshop only game. Not a Virtual console. Anyway after i extracted it i got some unfamilar files and i dunno what to do with them or how to extract them.

RCR 3DS FILES.png

For some reason they all seem to have the "N3DS" written in every file name. I tried the other files in my video player but doesn't seem to do anything. So i am not sure why it shows up with the icon. I just wanted the music data, so i assume "Audio_music_N3DS.Bap" Has audio files in it i would be looking for, but i dunno how to extract them. Does anyone have a solution to this?:ph34r:

2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    This looks about right: http://www.reviversoft.com/file-extensions/bap also what game?

3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I extracted a cia from retro city rampage DX. I also wanted to extract a PSP eboot.pbp for the same game, but the data.PSAR i also dunno how to open. :unsure:

4. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Well personally i always google each file name and look thouroughly, but sometimes it cant be opened....

5. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    In other words, is encrypted and has not be cracked yet huh?:unsure:

6. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Yea... Im not an expert but i know many games have strange hard to crack formats

7. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah i assume why they either don't get hacks or mods, or why they just go unnoticed by the community. To be honest i can understand that but i just figured that nothing was impossible so it was maybe my fault. :P

According to your link it has to do with some program of music called blaze audio, the problem is if is music related then yeah make sense but I dunno anything about it. Also the files labeled rec seem to think is a video.

Anyway i just also wanted to try extracting psp Data.PSAR file but also don't know how.

8. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Just telling you what i kniw and tryin to be helpful, no idea how to decrypt PSAR