Extracting music question

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Harsky, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011

Extracting music question by Harsky at 4:55 PM (713 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    At the moment, I managed to convert SSEQ to Midi which manages to give me the music I wanted to listen. The problem is that in Midi format, it's not a 100% replication of the music that plays on the DS. I can remember doing something that made the midi sound exactly as it did in the game but I can't remember how. This was YEARS ago so I'm not sure if music ripping has advanced since.

2. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You need to extract and convert the SBNK files to dls files and play the midi with them.

3. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Yeah, only just occured to me that I could use VGMtrans to extract all the data. Been googling and it says to use Aware studio to compile it. Is this still the only option?

4. KazoWAR

United States
    That is one of them, I am sure any program that plays midis and supports custom dls files would work.

5. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong with Awave. Tried opening both DLS and Midi in Awave Studio 10.2 and when I tried exporting it as an MP3, it sounded good for a few minutes and then got horrible towards the middle. Is there any other good programs to mix them together?

6. KazoWAR

United States
    FL Studio can do it