ROM Hack Extracting models and textures from 3DS games

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you add opening .bin files from the file menu? I have a game with CGFX files that are all called .bin, and when I drag them into the window, it still recognizes them correctly.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Can you add opening .bin files from the file menu? I have a game with CGFX files that are all called .bin, and when I drag them into the window, it still recognizes them correctly.

You could just set it to open all file types in the little drop down. Doesn't seem like a huge issue. :wink:

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Bin is a very generic format, and not the extension for cgfx files. Thats why you just need to use all files. It recognizes the file mostly based on content, so it still works.

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if textures in A Link Between Worlds weren't so damn difficult to figure out.

5XUA616.png

p4mtVsv.png

72SDznf.png

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Colors look a bit off. ;)

Blame the game's engine. That's converted raw etc1 pixel data. :)

EDIT: The alpha channel is just being used for something else. Here's what the colors look like if you ignore the game's ACTUAL alpha channel data and 0xFF every pixel. Is it better?

4XcwWnu.png

O7WFi36.png

GQqzcyZ.png

Reactions: Huntereb

dhal

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I don't understand, someone might do it for me please ?
I would like to extract the models of the game "Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes: universe adventure"
Especially the model char " Lola Bunny " . Please thanks you from france

Twili

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blame the game's engine. That's converted raw etc1 pixel data. :)

EDIT: The alpha channel is just being used for something else. Here's what the colors look like if you ignore the game's ACTUAL alpha channel data and 0xFF every pixel. Is it better?

(images)

What did you use to convert the textures? Can you go through an example of the process for ALBW?

Azurfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the ctt textures from "Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance" are documented somewhere or if they are indeed a special format by Square Enix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...