Hacking extracting iso's

dan_p1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been trying to extract several iso's for my wii i am useing winrar everytime i come to extract them it just extracts another rar file i then click on that and it brings up the message....the archive is either in unknown format or damaged. now i have downloaded several iso's and they all say the same. i have downloaded the new version on winrar and a previous version also downloaded 7zip and winzip all saying the same.

i have downloaded many iso's before and burnt them with no problem, the only other thing i could possibly think it may be is im running a cracked version of windows would that make a difference??

its baffled me realy not sure what to do now so any help or advice would be brilliant.

many thanks

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depending on what your needing a single ios for. modmii me has all of them. or you can use nus downloader. don't ever trust an ios from a different sight. they could be "damaged" or messed with. an cause a brick. trust me, i've done it. an will not do it again. as far as you using a cracked copy of windows. that doesn't make a difference. i'm using the same thing.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii ISO's are a proprietary format; only specialized programs can read it. If you want to view the contents of the ISO and extract files from it, then you can use WiiScrubber.

QUOTE said:
depending on what your needing a single ios for. modmii me has all of them. or you can use nus downloader. don't ever trust an ios from a different sight. they could be "damaged" or messed with. an cause a brick. trust me, i've done it. an will not do it again.
What makes you think he's talking about IOS?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
Wii ISO's are a proprietary format; only specialized programs can read it. If you want to view the contents of the ISO and extract files from it, then you can use WiiScrubber.

QUOTE said:
depending on what your needing a single ios for. modmii me has all of them. or you can use nus downloader. don't ever trust an ios from a different sight. they could be "damaged" or messed with. an cause a brick. trust me, i've done it. an will not do it again.
What makes you think he's talking about IOS?
it's morning an i forgot my coffee, so sue me. miss spelled. iso's...

dan_p1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanx for the help will try what you have suggested

thanks
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Open the rar file, extract all files inside it to one folder, open the first file (if they're rar, r01 r02 it'll be the one called just .rar, if they're labled part1, part2 etc it'll be part one). From there you should be able to extract the whole iso.

dan_p1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanx for the advice again just tried them but cant seem to find any iso's on them.

you know of any sites or anywhere to get them from?

dan_p1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
Open the rar file, extract all files inside it to one folder, open the first file (if they're rar, r01 r02 it'll be the one called just .rar, if they're labled part1, part2 etc it'll be part one). From there you should be able to extract the whole iso.

when i come to extract them (in a different folder) they extract into another rar file i then click on that file thats when i am unable to open them it brings up the error message.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure it's a rar file and you haven't accidentally got winrar or another extraction programme associated with .iso files? What's the extension, just rar?

dan_p1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
Are you sure it's a rar file and you haven't accidentally got winrar or another extraction programme associated with .iso files? What's the extension, just rar?

yeah its rar i have done this 100's of times before no problem its just baffled me how all of a sudden its not extracting them. yeah its the name of the game then rar, but as i say its done it with all of them and i must have tried 7-8 files i did at first think it was coincidence but after 8 times i dought its coincidence.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If whatever you downloaded comes in r01,etc. Just extract them anyway with winrar. If the extension is 001,002,etc, then use hjsplit to join those files first. I think winrar has an option to repair files, but I only used that once so I dunno how effective it would be in your situation, but try it anyway. It's the one with the first-aid kit box icon.

Edit: After reading the second part of your last post, I really think the file actually is corrupted and needs to be downloaded again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu