extracting iso's

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dan_p1985, Jun 22, 2011.

Jun 22, 2011

extracting iso's by dan_p1985 at 12:50 PM (734 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. dan_p1985
    OP

Newcomer dan_p1985 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have been trying to extract several iso's for my wii i am useing winrar everytime i come to extract them it just extracts another rar file i then click on that and it brings up the message....the archive is either in unknown format or damaged. now i have downloaded several iso's and they all say the same. i have downloaded the new version on winrar and a previous version also downloaded 7zip and winzip all saying the same.

i have downloaded many iso's before and burnt them with no problem, the only other thing i could possibly think it may be is im running a cracked version of windows would that make a difference??

its baffled me realy not sure what to do now so any help or advice would be brilliant.

many thanks

2. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    depending on what your needing a single ios for. modmii me has all of them. or you can use nus downloader. don't ever trust an ios from a different sight. they could be "damaged" or messed with. an cause a brick. trust me, i've done it. an will not do it again. as far as you using a cracked copy of windows. that doesn't make a difference. i'm using the same thing.

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Wii ISO's are a proprietary format; only specialized programs can read it. If you want to view the contents of the ISO and extract files from it, then you can use WiiScrubber.

What makes you think he's talking about IOS?

4. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    it's morning an i forgot my coffee, so sue me. miss spelled. iso's...

5. dan_p1985
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanx for the help will try what you have suggested

thanks [​IMG]

6. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Open the rar file, extract all files inside it to one folder, open the first file (if they're rar, r01 r02 it'll be the one called just .rar, if they're labled part1, part2 etc it'll be part one). From there you should be able to extract the whole iso.

7. dan_p1985
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanx for the advice again just tried them but cant seem to find any iso's on them.

you know of any sites or anywhere to get them from?

8. dan_p1985
    OP

United Kingdom

when i come to extract them (in a different folder) they extract into another rar file i then click on that file thats when i am unable to open them it brings up the error message.

9. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Are you sure it's a rar file and you haven't accidentally got winrar or another extraction programme associated with .iso files? What's the extension, just rar?

10. dan_p1985
    OP

United Kingdom
    yeah its rar i have done this 100's of times before no problem its just baffled me how all of a sudden its not extracting them. yeah its the name of the game then rar, but as i say its done it with all of them and i must have tried 7-8 files i did at first think it was coincidence but after 8 times i dought its coincidence.

11. Jehuty25

Member Jehuty25 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If whatever you downloaded comes in r01,etc. Just extract them anyway with winrar. If the extension is 001,002,etc, then use hjsplit to join those files first. I think winrar has an option to repair files, but I only used that once so I dunno how effective it would be in your situation, but try it anyway. It's the one with the first-aid kit box icon.

Edit: After reading the second part of your last post, I really think the file actually is corrupted and needs to be downloaded again.