axe97

OP
Trophies
Website
www.softmii.org
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, i can't seem to unpack the 000000000.app, so i can get to the banner.bin and icon.bin. i can, however, extract the HBC wad.
when i use gallys u8 extractor, it says that it completed correctly, but no output folder is made. should i try a different u8 extractor? has anyone even gotten this to unpack?

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
axe97 said:
For some reason, i can't seem to unpack the 000000000.app, so i can get to the banner.bin and icon.bin. i can, however, extract the HBC wad.
when i use gallys u8 extractor, it says that it completed correctly, but no output folder is made. should i try a different u8 extractor? has anyone even gotten this to unpack?

why would you use a wad? why not grab the files straight off your nand if you're that hellbent on taking their creations?
though, 99% of wad tools fail to properly do everything needed

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
megazig said:
99% of wad tools fail to properly do everything needed
What is in your opinion the 1% of wad tools that does everything needed properly and why?

please keep me on your ignore list and don't respond as I've stopped with you.
there are private tools from various groups of the wii scene that seem be proper. I've personally found at least a few issues with every common tool out there, whether it be padding per section, padding for the whole file, proper directory structure handling, etc.

as for which public tools do everything right, can't say I've seen any 100%, I've mod'd a few with fixes before. but, and here's the key, wads are completely unnecessary. you can install titles without wads just fine. this instance of extracting an hbc wad is another case that's not needed. the content is on the nand unpacked already, no need to dump wads from a wii when you can grab the individual stuff just fine

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
showmiiwads 1.4 works, just tried it, but why do you want to get those files in the first place?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro