Hardware Extract save data or repair 2ds?

Zhongtiao1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my 2ds in a while, but I decided to boot it up and play some civilization revolution. Unfortunately, the internal screen somehow cracked. Probably when I last moved.
Here is the photo:

iDcCxR1r.jpg

Is there any hope to at least get the save data off? The majority of my 3ds games were cartridges

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my 2ds in a while, but I decided to boot it up and play some civilization revolution. Unfortunately, the internal screen somehow cracked. Probably when I last moved.
Here is the photo:

iDcCxR1r.jpg

Is there any hope to at least get the save data off? The majority of my 3ds games were cartridges
Just replace the screen

Reactions: Deleted-236924
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted-236924

Zhongtiao1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replacing the o2DS LCD panel is relatively easy if you've taken apart electronics before (aka, know how to use a screwdriver).
You can also buy officially refurbished o2DS for US $50 + tax at the Nintendo online store and swap the motherboards. See my signature.

Honestly, for $28, I'd rather just spend an extra 20 and get a new 2ds. Is it possible at all to recover the save data I had previously?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, for $28, I'd rather just spend an extra 20 and get a new 2ds. Is it possible at all to recover the save data I had previously?

If your o2DS was hacked before with custom firmware, and you kept a back up of its SysNAND *.bin image, you would need to retrieve its movable.sed in order to be able to decrypt and move the Nintendo 3DS folder using the SDTransfer method.

If it was never hacked and you can't reach anyone who added your o2DS friend code to their Friends List before, the only way to recovery the games and saves on that o2DS SD card would be fix or replace the lcd panel.

Zhongtiao1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your o2DS was hacked before with custom firmware, and you kept a back up of its SysNAND *.bin image, you would need to retrieve its movable.sed in order to be able to decrypt and move the Nintendo 3DS folder using the SDTransfer method.

If it was never hacked and you can't reach anyone who added your o2DS friend code to their Friends List before, the only way to recovery the games and saves on that o2DS SD card would be fix or replace the lcd panel.

I did actually hack my 2ds. I'll check in a few hours whether or not I have the movable.sed file. I think the last time I dumped it was when I first installed A9LH a couple years ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte