Hacking Extract Official Home Menu Theme/Design ?

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everyone,

is there a guide how to extract a home menu theme/design that was officially downloaded through the design shop and how to convert the extracted stuff into an installable CIA file ?

Thanks a lot for information

Reactions: Margen67

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Its illegal

Great Answer, so is the downloadable roms and the downloadable themes that you can find everywhere.
So there must be a way to extract the themes and convert them to installable CIA´s...otherwise the obvious sites wouldn´t have them to download !
And i was not asking for links, i was asking for a tutorial to do this...i didn´t knew that getting knowledge is illegal actually !

So again, is there someone that can answer my question or guide me to a tutorial, i could not get any good results from google...

EDIT: I also just want to do this for my OWN, not for spreading themes around the world, just for your info tony !

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Great Answer, so is the downloadable roms and the downloadable themes that you can find everywhere.
So there must be a way to extract the themes and convert them to installable CIA´s...otherwise the obvious sites wouldn´t have them to download !
And i was not asking for links, i was asking for a tutorial to do this...i didn´t knew that getting knowledge is illegal actually !

So again, is there someone that can answer my question or guide me to a tutorial, i could not get any good results from google...

dude what you can do is use my tool its here in homebrew development and in the other forum you can find the cia themes...to convert the cia themes in to chmm to just exchange them its pretty easy and you dont have to deal that you get to the eshop and they get erased

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dude what you can do is use my tool its here in homebrew development and in the other forum you can find the cia themes...to convert the cia themes in to chmm to just exchange them its pretty easy and you dont have to deal that you get to the eshop and they get erased

hi, i basically just wanted to pay and download the new zelda theme which comes friday (YOU READ THAT TONY ? PAY ! pay two times !) on my two regular 3ds (Ninjhax compatible). But i won´t pay a third time for my gateway 3ds, where i will never enter eshop, so no problem with deleted games or themes, i never installed any theme, as they were all boring to me, but the "golden" zelda one is looking very nice, so basically thats why i WILL pay for it, but not three times, two is enough i think...
So can i achieve what i want to do with CHMM ?

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i basically just wanted to pay and download the new zelda theme which comes friday (YOU READ THAT TONY ? PAY ! pay two times !) on my two regular 3ds (Ninjhax compatible). But i won´t pay a third time for my gateway 3ds, where i will never enter eshop, so no problem with deleted games or themes, i never installed any theme, as they were all boring to me, but the "golden" zelda one is looking very nice, so basically thats why i WILL pay for it, but not three times, two is enough i think...

yes you can you just need the theme in cia format and convert it, on the other site you can find all the available themes that are ripped from retail so you can get them, also i do not really care what are your intentions, im just trying to give ya options

descac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If these two systems are Ninjhax compatible, you can apply the theme you want to extract, boot https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds_homemenu_extdatatool-aka-custom-themes-on-ninjhax-gateway.377379/ and select "Copy theme-data from extdata to sd". "BodyCache.bin" should be renamed "body_LZ.bin" and "BgmCache.bin" should be renamed "bgm.bcstm", "ThemeManage.bin" is used by the 3DS to determine the theme and is not needed. Then you can boot extdatatool to import the theme, or even better, use http://gbatemp.net/threads/chmm-custom-homemenu-manager.379349/.

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If these two systems are Ninjhax compatible, you can apply the theme you want to extract, boot https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds_homemenu_extdatatool-aka-custom-themes-on-ninjhax-gateway.377379/ and select "Copy theme-data from extdata to sd". "BodyCache.bin" should be renamed "body_LZ.bin" and "BgmCache.bin" should be renamed "bgm.bcstm", "ThemeManage.bin" is used by the 3DS to determine the theme and is not needed. Then you can boot extdatatool to import the theme, or even better, use http://gbatemp.net/threads/chmm-custom-homemenu-manager.379349/.

Wait, is there an extra Version of the extdata tool for the home menu designs ? because i have extdata tool already (used it for goldpants mii) and i don´t remember the option for "copy theme data from extdata to sd"...
I will download this from your given thread and look into it, thank you very much descac ;)

descac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, is there an extra Version of the extdata tool for the home menu designs ? because i have extdata tool already (used it for goldpants mii) and i don´t remember the option for "copy theme data from extdata to sd"...
I will download this from your given thread and look into it, thank you very much descac ;)
That's right, I made that same mistake when it came out.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
EDIT: I also just want to do this for my OWN, not for spreading themes around the world, just for your info tony !

Actually, downloaded themes, and downloading roms, is legal, as long as you own the game, or is created by someone else then nintendo.
By example, 3DScraft is 100% legal, my custom theme i made is 100% legal.
(At least in my country).

You will never see a link to a illegal file on this forum.

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually, downloaded themes, and downloading roms, is legal, as long as you own the game, or is created by someone else then nintendo.
By example, 3DScraft is 100% legal, my custom theme i made is 100% legal.
(At least in my country).

You will never see a link to a illegal file on this forum.

yes, i will own the theme legally TWO times by paying for it legaly, so the third one will be my personal backup ;) i guess this is legal here in germany too, as it is european law with owning backups of your owned games being legal...
And i know that i will never find links here to illegal stuff, and i would never aks for that and i NEVER did actually, i asked for the HOW TO, meaning for KNOWLEDGE ! so thats why i was a liittle pissed by the great answer from tony...
I also have nearly 30 games bought for my 3ds... i had in total six 3ds, started from small to xl, and with the new 3ds xl it would have been my seventh, but i already sold 3, so i will have 4 devices of the 3ds family at home in total...and then this answer from a pure pirate, who probalbly bought one console and only the gateway (and never bought one single retail game probably) to be able to only pirate games...
I always did, and always will buy nintendo stuff, because simply i do not want them to go down because of piracy !
I don´t want to be offensive, especially to you tjessx, but this forum should be here for helping each other and being respectful, not for comments that don´t help anyone, just for pushing his post count higher

And to descac: yes i saw that it is indeed a complete different extdata tool ;) just fired it up, and it is working, didn´t try, as the theme will be availabe tommorow the earliest

Side question: Is there actually a way to build an installable CIA file of the extracted files ? i know it is not necessary, but would be good to know anyways...
As you can see from my question, i never downloaded a pirated theme, so i don´t know in which format they come. But i guessed they would be in cia format ?

Cheers

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yes, i will own the theme legally TWO times by paying for it legaly, so the third one will be my personal backup ;) i guess this is legal here in germany too, as it is european law with owning backups of your owned games being legal...
And i know that i will never find links here to illegal stuff, and i would never aks for that and i NEVER did actually, i asked for the HOW TO, meaning for KNOWLEDGE ! so thats why i was a liittle pissed by the great answer from tony...
I also have nearly 30 games bought for my 3ds... i had in total six 3ds, started from small to xl, and with the new 3ds xl it would have been my seventh, but i already sold 3, so i will have 4 devices of the 3ds family at home in total...and then this answer from a pure pirate, who probalbly bought one console and only the gateway (and never bought one single retail game probably) to be able to only pirate games...
I always did, and always will buy nintendo stuff, because simply i do not want them to go down because of piracy !
I don´t want to be offensive, especially to you tjessx, but this forum should be here for helping each other and being respectful, not for comments that don´t help anyone, just for pushing his post count higher

And to descac: yes i saw that it is indeed a complete different extdata tool ;) just fired it up, and it is working, didn´t try, as the theme will be availabe tommorow the earliest

Side question: Is there actually a way to build an installable CIA file of the extracted files ? i know it is not necessary, but would be good to know anyways...
As you can see from my question, i never downloaded a pirated theme, so i don´t know in which format they come. But i guessed they would be in cia format ?

Cheers

Did not want to offend you or anything, i just want you to know that the other stuff is not illegal, so you don't think of me(or anyone else) as a criminal.
Sorryz

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Cheers
its more complicated to rebuild as a cia file, there is 2 ways to go about it iirc, decrypting your SD contents and rebuilding the theme to .cia, or extracting the title key from your nand and rebuilding into a cia file.....neither option is exactly simple, i would say just extracting from extdata is easier and simpler for just copying to another console

SonGoku78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did not want to offend you or anything, i just want you to know that the other stuff is not illegal, so you don't think of me(or anyone else) as a criminal.
Sorryz

nooo, i didn´t took it as offending from you ;) no need to be sorry mate

its more complicated to rebuild as a cia file, there is 2 ways to go about it iirc, decrypting your SD contents and rebuilding the theme to .cia, or extracting the title key from your nand and rebuilding into a cia file.....neither option is exactly simple, i would say just extracting from extdata is easier and simpler for just copying to another console

thanks for the information, guess i will go the simple route then tomorrow...now off to local store to fetch up my Majoras Mask New 3DS Xl, yay ;)

Cheers everyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just got a 4070ti