OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
How would I find the errcode=-4 part of a DSi enhanced ROM and make a bypass for the errcode=-4 part of that deal, and then compile it into an extinfo.dat I've got for Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing????

Quick version, please.
And no programs that require installing, please.
And no programs that get flagged by virus scanners, please.
And I don't want to learn any coding shit unless it's easy and takes less than an hour.

Because seriously. If you can fix errcode=-4 with this then i'm not passing this opportunity up.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These kinds of things are never easy to make. Most of these ".dats" are compiled by coding, so if you don't like coding that takes a long time, then there's no hope.

Maybe you can check the DSTT sections instead, as there is a thread going on about Building the Extinfo.dat for HG/SS. Thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217917 Maybe you can learn a few things there; pretty much on the same topic.

Plus, get a better Anti-Virus if you're TOTALLY afraid of viruses. Symantec's products is what I recommend. (Auto-Block suspicious files; Norton).

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
These kinds of things are never easy to make. Most of these ".dats" are compiled by coding, so if you don't like coding that takes a long time, then there's no hope.

Maybe you can check the DSTT sections instead, as there is a thread going on about Building the Extinfo.dat for HG/SS. Thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217917 Maybe you can learn a few things there; pretty much on the same topic.

Plus, get a better Anti-Virus if you're TOTALLY afraid of viruses. Symantec's products is what I recommend. (Auto-Block suspicious files; Norton).
I can SOOOOO do it though. Just tell me how I'd find the errcode=-4 parts..... :\ Because i'm at a loss. (At this point, all hex stuff looks all the same for me.... Like, i'm only familiar with it being associated with the color palettes on Gimp and Photoshop, so I guess that might hinder me. Too bad the only hex colors I know are black and white. FFFFFF and 000000. LOL)

I said virus scanner because I forget the term 'anti-virus'. We've got Norton 360 on this fricker. XD

And......Hmmmmmm...... I just want to fix the errcode=-4 part... I don't think HG/SS threads about extinfo.dat will help me, since from how much i've played there IS no errcode=-4 on it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
I am r4ymond said:

I can SOOOOO do it though. Just tell me how I'd find the errcode=-4 parts..... :\ Because i'm at a loss. (At this point, all hex stuff looks all the same for me.... Like, i'm only familiar with it being associated with the color palettes on Gimp and Photoshop, so I guess that might hinder me. Too bad the only hex colors I know are black and white. FFFFFF and 000000. LOL)

I said virus scanner because I forget the term 'anti-virus'. We've got Norton 360 on this fricker. XD

And......Hmmmmmm...... I just want to fix the errcode=-4 part... I don't think HG/SS threads about extinfo.dat will help me, since from how much i've played there IS no errcode=-4 on it.

I don't know a lot about Coding or other things that have something to do with Bypassing Errors and AP.

I've tried Googling how to make extinfo.dat with the Bypasses, but I don't think there's a Tutorial for that. All I see are download links for extinfo.dat. Though there's a small chance of getting to know a person here at GBAtemp that knows how to make extinfo.dats, or parts of it.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Inunah said:
I am r4ymond said:

I don't know a lot about Coding or other things that have something to do with Bypassing Errors and AP.

I've tried Googling how to make extinfo.dat with the Bypasses, but I don't think there's a Tutorial for that. All I see are download links for extinfo.dat. Though there's a small chance of getting to know a person here at GBAtemp that knows how to make extinfo.dats, or parts of it.
....I don't have any chance of befriending anyone good at coding anything on GBATemp. Few people will come near me.

And I really need a beginner's tutorial. (That romhacking place will NOT cut it for me. I don't even understand the first page of it) D:

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no one will make an in-depth guide for guys with zero-knowledge unfortunately,if you really want to learn,learn through experience I guess

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
learn through experience I guess

Learn through experience? How in holy hell do I do that when I don't even know one code from the next?! I could delete all the graphics from the game on accident and replace them with code that corrupts shit or makes both DS and emulator freeze!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
I am r4ymond said:
Inunah said:
I am r4ymond said:

....I don't have any chance of befriending anyone good at coding anything on GBATemp. Few people will come near me.

And I really need a beginner's tutorial. (That romhacking place will NOT cut it for me. I don't even understand the first page of it) D:

It's OK. There's always time for reading and learning
lecture.gif

I will probably be making a Hack for PKM HG/SS in the future. There are lots of things to learn and lots of things yet to read and understand. I'm not even familiar with the Basics of ROM Hacking, but I will, because it always helps to Learn.
closedeyes.gif

Tough I don't like learning, nor reading for an hour straight. Not even a minute straight, I guess.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inunah said:
lolzed said:

Learn through experience? How in holy hell do I do that when I don't even know one code from the next?! I could delete all the graphics from the game on accident and replace them with code that corrupts shit or makes both DS and emulator freeze!
that IS experience.Roughly speaking try learning binary and hex system,then go to AR code making,maybe you'll get somewhere
tongue.gif

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
Inunah said:
lolzed said:

that IS experience.Roughly speaking try learning binary and hex system,then go to AR code making,maybe you'll get somewhere
tongue.gif
But all I want to know how to fix is errcode=-4..... I don't want to know the full language of binary and hex. Just that one little part.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
lolzed said:
you won't get anywhere,if you don't have the time and diligence,then give up,simple
I have the time and diligence for learning the errcode=-4 part, but nothing more......

You may need to learn more than just trying to learn how to fix the Errcode=-4.

Once you figure out what you need to know in order to fix the Errcode=-4, then you'll notice that you need to learn a few others other than AR Coding, Hex, and many others.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
*Shrug*

I did try going to romhacking.net/start, but it's a bunch of bs when you don't understand the middle of the document. I DO NOT understand where they pulled 16 from when converting hexadecimal to binary or whatever the fuck they called it.

And this is bs too:

QUOTE said:
With a little practice you should be able to do simple conversions in your head, or at least be able to ballpark a conversion in your head.

I can't do regular multiplying and dividing in my head even with ONE digit numbers... Can't even ballpark numbers right. (.......I forget. What's nine times seven again? Um.... 84? 60? I know it's somewhere around there.)
Do they expect us to be smart enough to mathify things like THAT shit in our heads, even for just ballparking the answer?! Hell, I forgot how to do math. Haven't taken a math class for at least a year, and i've lost ALL of my math knowledge down to a 4th grade level. And in fricken 4th grade I got 0s on most of my multiplication/division papers because I kept adding the numbers together.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
*Shrug*

I did try going to romhacking.net/start, but it's a bunch of bs when you don't understand the middle of the document. I DO NOT understand where they pulled 16 from when converting hexadecimal to binary or whatever the fuck they called it.

And this is bs too:

QUOTE said:
With a little practice you should be able to do simple conversions in your head, or at least be able to ballpark a conversion in your head.

I can't do regular multiplying and dividing in my head even with ONE digit numbers... Can't even ballpark numbers right. (.......I forget. What's nine times seven again? Um.... 84? 60? I know it's somewhere around there.)
Do they expect us to be smart enough to mathify things like THAT shit in our heads, even for just ballparking the answer?! Hell, I forgot how to do math. Haven't taken a math class for at least a year, and i've lost ALL of my math knowledge down to a 4th grade level. And in fricken 4th grade I got 0s on most of my multiplication/division papers because I kept adding the numbers together.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, EEEEK! 9 x 7=63 ._.
I did not use a calculator. 'Been doing math everyday

If you don't know math, then you're DOOOOMED! D:

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Inunah said:
*Shrug*

And this is bs too:

QUOTE said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, EEEEK! 9 x 7=63 ._.
I did not use a calculator. 'Been doing math everyday

If you don't know math, then you're DOOOOMED! D:

if you have no experience, why not just wait for a fix. it's not gonna kill you.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
if you have no experience, why not just wait for a fix. it's not gonna kill you.

Seriously.... If a fix for Bejeweled Twist or Jam Sessions 2 hasn't come for DSTT/R4/YSMenu in the time they've been out, and they haven't gotten any fixes, I doubt it'll be fixed by someone else.

Have to bring the law into my own hands sometime.

It's not that I don't know math. It's that I've always had serious trouble with math.... And plus, for the past 3 hs math classes i've had, they only taught us how to do the fricken math with FRICKEN GRAPHING CALCULATORS. Of course i'd fricken forget how to do my maths without calculators.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
basher11 said:

Seriously.... If a fix for Bejeweled Twist or Jam Sessions 2 hasn't come for DSTT/R4/YSMenu in the time they've been out, and they haven't gotten any fixes, I doubt it'll be fixed by someone else.

Have to bring the law into my own hands sometime.

It's not that I don't know math. It's that I've always had serious trouble with math.... And plus, for the past 3 hs math classes i've had, they only taught us how to do the fricken math with FRICKEN GRAPHING CALCULATORS. Of course i'd fricken forget how to do my maths without calculators.

graphing calculators are not needed for this kind of hacking. (thank God, since i hate that kind of math
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins