External hard drive

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is their a good guide on setting up an external hard drive with tiramisu? I'd like to structure it for Wii u/Wii/GC would installing RetroArch be my best bet?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is their a good guide on setting up an external hard drive with tiramisu? I'd like to structure it for Wii u/Wii/GC would installing RetroArch be my best bet?
As far as I know this isnt possible. The Wii U will force you to format the drive if it detects a partition that is not in its file format.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know this isnt possible. The Wii U will force you to format the drive if it detects a partition that is not in its file format.
With RetroArch installed couldn't I format a 4tb external and have it scan for roms via ftp as well as detect Wii u files?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With RetroArch installed couldn't I format a 4tb external and have it scan for roms via ftp as well as detect Wii u files?
You can use 1 drive on the WIIU side for anything. You can transfer files to it using FTP. The vWii side would need a different drive.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use 1 drive on the WIIU side for anything. You can transfer files to it using FTP. The vWii side would need a different drive.
In other words RetroArch doesn't have the right core to scan Wii files?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is possible to use one drive if you install all your Wii and GC games as vWii injects. Will be along process though as you will have to create the inject for every game. Unsure if it you could store your roms on a Wii U formatted drive and transfer them over via FTP as I haven't tried. You could however setup Wii emulators and use SMB to connect to a shared folder on your pc so you wouldn't have to transfer them at all and just load them over network.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI