thehritzinator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 149 gb external hard drive that me and my family uses for backing up our music and pictures periodically. Is there a way to use the external hard drive for USBloading and still keep all the files currently on it? or could i copy the files to my computer, format the external hard drive into 2 parts, and use 1 part for USBloading and the other for normal PC use?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can keep it the same

If its formatted to ntfs then you must use configurable usb loader and you can't install games from disc.(I think you still need a fat32 partition even if using ntfs)

If its formatted to fat32 then you can use config usb loader,wiiflow,usb loader gx and install games from disc

Or you can format it into two partitions(one fat32 and one wbfs)

thehritzinator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Yes you can keep it the same

If its formatted to ntfs then you must use configurable usb loader and you can't install games from disc.(I think you still need a fat32 partition even if using ntfs)

If its formatted to fat32 then you can use config usb loader,wiiflow,usb loader gx and install games from disc

Or you can format it into two partitions(one fat32 and one wbfs)

Since i use USB loader GX, how can i format my Hard Drive into 2 partitions?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you want to partitionate the HDD you need to put all the files into your PC, then format and partition the HDD, after that you can put back you stuff into the HDD it had before...!!
biggrin.gif

thehritzinator

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
If you want to partitionate the HDD you need to put all the files into your PC, then format and partition the HDD, after that you can put back you stuff into the HDD it had before...!!
biggrin.gif

ok so how do i format and partition the Portable Hard Drive
im a noob when it comes to this stuff
btw i have windows 7 if that makes a difference for formating and partitioning

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How is it currently formatted?

If it's fat32 i would just keep it the way it is.

If its ntfs then i would backup everything on the drive to somewhere else.Then use windows to make two partitions.You can use windows to format both partitions to fat32 and then use another program like wiibackup manager to format partition 2 to wbfs

(1st partition=fat32/2nd partition wbfs)

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
thehritzinator said:
btw i have windows 7 if that makes a difference for formating and partitioning

Yes backup if you can before trying any repartition or resize ! If your disk is not full you can use Ubuntu Gparted or Gparted liveCD to resize your disk. It is recommended to do a whole disk or partition image backup before you use GParted to resize or move your partition too.

If you can mount your external disk as a internal disk temporaly It will be faster ... with usb it takes hours... ( my last sudo fsck -c -c /dev/sdb4 on a 550 Go partition was near 40 hours long either after win fails on it ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...