• Start date
  • Views 2,621
  • Replies 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey Guys, Mojang (The Producers of Minecraft) Released an update for the Wii U! One of the changes were that it allows you to transfer worlds over to the Switch Ver., So I came up with this Idea. We Could Possibly Inject an Exploit onto a simple Wii U Minecraft World then Transfer it to the Switch Using the Method that Mojang just Relased. I asked this to one of the Hacking YouTubers I watch from time to Time but he told me to Just put the Idea Here...

D

Deleted User

OP
Nope I Comented on his Latest vid that and I'm Already Subed to Him... But My Subscribtions are Private. So he does not Know... Lol

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
While in theory this could be an attack vector (as on the Wii U version we have CFW and thus control over the data in the save file), in reality this is very unlikely to get us very much of anything, as there are no known save exploits in Minecraft on any console.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I'll just repost this as it's relevant here:
Savegame exploits on switch are extremely unlikely to ever materialize, because of ASLR being enabled on the system.

In order to create an exploit, you need two exploitable bugs in one game -- an information leak, and a memory/control flow corruption of some kind. While save files are likely to have the second, there is very little interactive about loading them, and the first would be extremely difficult to ever see in a game (it basically requires some kind of scripting engine be in place with controllable input...in the web browser, javascript + information leak bugs serve this purpose).

Even if your crash is exploitable on Wii U I would give a ~0% chance it's exploitable on the Switch.
I'll add: as a general rule, when a layman thinks up some hacking theory, an expert has already considered it a long time ago.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'll just repost this as it's relevant here:

I'll add: as a general rule, when a layman thinks up some hacking theory, an expert has already considered it a long time ago.
Something I learned 8 years ago.

Reactions: XRaTiX

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already discussed in another thread. We likely won't get save game exploits on switch because of ASLR. To have a save exploit we would need two usable exploits: a buffer overflow and an info leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1