Experiences using the Wiimote as a mouse on a pc?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by althena77, Feb 24, 2009.

1. althena77
    OP

Newcomer althena77 Member

Vietnam
    Hi!

I came across some (older) tutorials about how to connect the Wiimote to a pc and use it there as a mouse. As my computer is also connected to my LCD tv that sounded like something that might come in handy and I really like the feeling of using Opera on the Wii, unfortunately many of my favorite websites require a newer version of flash.

After watching some demonstration videos when using the Wiimote on a pc, it seems to me that there it has a much longer delay when you move the pointer left/right up/down than on the Wii and I think this way it would be not so much fun using Firefox with it on a pc than using Opera on the Wii.
    The videos I found were however all about one year old, so I wonder if this is still the current status or if better solutions have been found.
    Is there a way to use the Wiimote on a computer with a "feeling" that is coming close to the one when using it on a Wii or just not yet?

Thanks and greetings!

2. Edwii

Member Edwii GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I too would like to know this, i did the exact same thing, it was less then ideal then but if its better now i would.

3. john25usa

Newcomer john25usa Advanced Member

Australia
    ive found the classic controller useful for emulators, but the mouse sucks i think