Experiences using the Wiimote as a mouse on a pc?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by althena77, Feb 24, 2009.

1. althena77
    OP

althena77 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2009
    Hi!

I came across some (older) tutorials about how to connect the Wiimote to a pc and use it there as a mouse. As my computer is also connected to my LCD tv that sounded like something that might come in handy and I really like the feeling of using Opera on the Wii, unfortunately many of my favorite websites require a newer version of flash.

After watching some demonstration videos when using the Wiimote on a pc, it seems to me that there it has a much longer delay when you move the pointer left/right up/down than on the Wii and I think this way it would be not so much fun using Firefox with it on a pc than using Opera on the Wii.
    The videos I found were however all about one year old, so I wonder if this is still the current status or if better solutions have been found.
    Is there a way to use the Wiimote on a computer with a "feeling" that is coming close to the one when using it on a Wii or just not yet?

Thanks and greetings!

2. Edwii

Edwii GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2007
    Canada
    I too would like to know this, i did the exact same thing, it was less then ideal then but if its better now i would.

3. john25usa

john25usa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2008
    ive found the classic controller useful for emulators, but the mouse sucks i think

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice