Homebrew Question eXhop allows you to play online despite ban?

kucarachi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on Nintendo's not so nice list and have been banned from playing most games online. I have noticed though ones i have bought and downloaded stopped working or wouldn't let me online. If i use eXhop and reinstall them after the ban then i can go back online with such games as Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Fortnite and other eshop games i have purchased. Is this the whole reason for eXhop and im just a nub? Or is this not supposed to be happening? I wanted to be able to play Splatoon 2 online but didn't purchase the digital copy so it won't let me online. In theory if i purchase the digital version then delete and reinstall it with eXhop i can go back online with it? Or would i just be wasting 60 bucks?

Reactions: Don Jon

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It does not. It's just downloading things you own basically. If you read what he posted all the information is there.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on Nintendo's not so nice list and have been banned from playing most games online. I have noticed though ones i have bought and downloaded stopped working or wouldn't let me online. If i use eXhop and reinstall them after the ban then i can go back online with such games as Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Fortnite and other eshop games i have purchased. Is this the whole reason for eXhop and im just a nub? Or is this not supposed to be happening? I wanted to be able to play Splatoon 2 online but didn't purchase the digital copy so it won't let me online. In theory if i purchase the digital version then delete and reinstall it with eXhop i can go back online with it? Or would i just be wasting 60 bucks?
If you have been legitimately banned, please submit a ban report here when you have some time: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub.508710/
Your input would be greatly appreciated!

kucarachi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not. It's just downloading things you own basically. If you read what he posted all the information is there.

I read all that but was wondering how im able to play online in the games i purchased digitally. They wouldn't even start until i deleted them and reinstalled them via eXhop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I read all that but was wondering how im able to play online in the games i purchased digitally. They wouldn't even start until i deleted them and reinstalled them via eXhop

I don't have time right now to look up all that stuff as my kids are playing with the switch, but i was banned almost instantly by using a backup version of Splatoon 2 on SX OS while going online. I will try to show video and give more detail.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, if your console is banned. It's bye bye Online play until someone manage to find a way to unban, if it's even possible that is.

kucarachi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, if your console is banned. It's bye bye Online play until someone manage to find a way to unban, if it's even possible that is.

well i get the screen that says the use of online services is currently restricted when i try to go online. But what i'm saying if i delete and redownload the same game that just wouldnt go online again through eXhop all those error codes vanish and i'm able to go online. I'm trying to just put it out there that i am still banned except when i use eXhop to reinstall it. Maybe somebody that knows what they are doing can figure a way to do that with all the games without having to buy every one.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i get the screen that says the use of online services is currently restricted when i try to go online. But what i'm saying if i delete and redownload the same game that just wouldnt go online again through eXhop all those error codes vanish and i'm able to go online. I'm trying to just put it out there that i am still banned except when i use eXhop to reinstall it. Maybe somebody that knows what they are doing can figure a way to do that with all the games without having to buy every one.
Your console's banned, not your account. Nintendo has restricted your console's unique certificate from making any valid online requests. Either someone can create a spoofer or inject a non-banned console certificate to go online with. Nintendo is not restricting the games specifically from going online...yet.

D

Deleted User

Your console's banned, not your account. Nintendo has restricted your console's unique certificate from making any valid online requests. Either someone can create a spoofer or inject a non-banned console certificate to go online with. Nintendo is not restricting the games specifically from going online...yet.
OP is saying that the entire console is banned (and presumably the cert) but games downloaded through exhop can play online anyway

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP is saying that the entire console is banned (and presumably the cert) but games downloaded through exhop can play online anyway
That's not what he said.
He's asking if another copy of the game can be played online. I have no clue where you got that from

D

Deleted User

That's not what he said.
He's asking if another copy of the game can be played online. I have no clue where you got that from
No. He states as a fact, not a question

" I have noticed though ones i have bought and downloaded stopped working or wouldn't let me online. If i use eXhop and reinstall them after the ban then i can go back online with such games as Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Fortnite and other eshop games i have purchased. Is this the whole reason for eXhop and im just a nub? Or is this not supposed to be happening? "

D

Deleted-351540

This is how I'm reading it as well. OP is banned and his games stopped working, so he used eXhop to redownload the games and all of the sudden his games work online again.

My guess is that eXhop forces the game to get a new certificate, thereby bypassing the ban. Just my guess.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. He states as a fact, not a question

" I have noticed though ones i have bought and downloaded stopped working or wouldn't let me online. If i use eXhop and reinstall them after the ban then i can go back online with such games as Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Fortnite and other eshop games i have purchased. Is this the whole reason for eXhop and im just a nub? Or is this not supposed to be happening? "
Shit. You're right.my bad bruh

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what he said.
You are both wrong... He literally says that his games cannot go online, except for a few that he reinstalled with exhop. That's why he is asking if that is supposed to happen.

In summary:

- His games got banned
- He deleted his digital games.
- He reinstalled them with exhop.
- He went online with the reinstalled titles succesfully.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are both wrong... He literally says that his games cannot go online, except for a few that he reinstalled with exhop. That's why he is asking if that is supposed to happen.

In summary:

- His games got banned
- He deleted his digital games.
- He reinstalled them with exhop.
- He went online with the reinstalled titles succesfully.
So he's asking why is he able to play online with those games if he's been banned. Maybe he got a cert ban

Reactions: Deleted User

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he said he can go online even tho he was banned like 3 times, why you keep trying to correct him that he cant when he clearly has told you THREE TIMES that he can go online?

this is a nice discovery @kucarachi
thanks for the info

D

Deleted User

I don't have time right now to look up all that stuff as my kids are playing with the switch, but i was banned almost instantly by using a backup version of Splatoon 2 on SX OS while going online. I will try to show video and give more detail.
Are you able to download new games? (were only those games banned or were you totally banned from eshop?)

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Report it as off-topic and let the mods decide if it passes muster.
It's not that it's off topic, it's that you shit up every thread with the mention of "I'm banned" with your thread. We get it, you have a thread. Don't promote it everywhere, it's annoying to constantly see it. Hell, it's like you have a bot linked to your account that links your thread when there's mention of the word "ban" in the Switch forums. Stop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh