greyhound

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How often do you exercise?

I exercise on a daily basis now, I only tend to do situps and pressups and run or cycle everyday. The only exercise I was getting prior was a game of football here and there and the occasional bike ride. I've never been to a gym or had a membership, I don't think I would utilise it fully and the steep prices have always put me off.

I believe regular exercise can contribute to a healthier state of mind though I don't feel the visible effects really help you out, although this may boost certain people's self confidence/confidence in their appearance. The real benefits I see is feeling better and more energetic as a result of dedicating your time to do something each day. A lot of people I know don't exercise because they simply don't have enough time, which is a fair reason if they mean devoting themselves to run or cycle a few miles every day, but surely the time can be found for a short morning exercise session.

I haven't really set any exercise targets as I just started exercising more frequently because it's something you are supposed to do. The reason I continue to do it is the increased stamina and general fitness as a result of time well spent. As with all things you carry out regularly, you find the things you found difficult at first become simple in comparison, these are the kind of results that make me continue.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
a couple of times a week... not much else to say really
tongue.gif

except that I mainly use my dumbells

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
In summer I tend to swim about 1.5-2 km every couple of days. Today might be my first pool day since last summer lol.
During school time I do PE twice a week, and thats pretty much fitness training -> running, and we also do sports like hockey (I LOVE hockey)

I don't do much apart from that, but it doesn't show (outside of general stamina if I'm not motivated), I think it might be because of my metabolism or something.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I voted weekly as the only sports or exercise I do regularly is Saturday Futsal. I like to swim too and I do so about twice a month at least.
Wanting to try yoga or some martial arts but I have to free up the sched. I also wish I had time to dedicate to go to the gym.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What would be the perfect, short and not too physically demanding exercise for a 14 year old like me? I usually bike for around 15 minutes per day and do 20 situps, I know that's not much. What should I improve? Extend the bikeride or something?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I go to the gym 3-4 times / week. Also just going to the gym is a challenge of its own, as I have to climb mountains and go through the woods (don't ask).

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
I think exercise can be very beneficial. I have a very active job which requires me to be on my feet all day and cover a lot of distance very rapidly to keep up with trade, this keeps me pretty fit. I also use my home weights gym regularly, and try to do push ups and sit ups when i can. The benefits are good, especially when you notice yourself bulking up or losing weight if you want to.

Salamantis,
It all depends on what you want to gain from exercise. Bulking up, Losing weight, or just to keep fit?

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Killermech said:
I go to the gym 3-4 times / week. Also just going to the gym is a challenge of its own, as I have to climb mountains and go through the woods (don't ask).

I think most would consider this a workout on its own
wtf.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
exercising is great.

i always try to push myself in daily activites, like walk up the steps instead of elevator, 2 at a time aswell. ride my bike to the train station etc.

combined with playing regular sport when i was younger i think has contributed to my lean physique which i am quite proud of.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do hand/wrist/arm exercises and general stretches (back, legs, ankles and shoulders mainly) but nothing else really whenever I find myself doing nothing of great importance. Food wise it seems I have a decent diet for what I do (if I do nothing I eat nothing and if I do lots I eat lots).

On the other hand I may not be well toned but I can walk for hours on end (something I detest so I get a bike/skateboard instead), ride my bike to wherever I need to get to, put in a decent kick should it be worthwhile, scale a wall without much hassle and ride my skateboard for as long as I have fluids to sustain me (which owing to the damn hot weather lately means I carry a lot of water too).

This being said the times I have found myself indoors (normally through injury or through finding myself compelled to learn stuff) without much chance to run around outside my generally calm demeanour can buckle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...