Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyapow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i know this might be a stupid question but can i convert a exe file to a cia. I want to play a gba rom hack but it is in .exe. Sorry for my bad english.

rimoJO

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rimojo.com
XP
Country
United States
no. i wish that was possible, but no.
exe is a windows executable that is only for windows.
if you have a pc, just play it on that.

Last edited by rimoJO,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
i know this might be a stupid question but can i convert a exe file to a cia.
Absolutely not. .EXE files are only for Windows devices. Under no circumstances can they be run on a 3DS.
I want to play a gba rom hack but it is in .exe. Sorry for my bad english.
You're probably thinking of a fan-game, not a ROM hack. A regular ROM hack is in .GBA format, or a patch which needs to be applied to a .GBA file. Fan-games are usually in .EXE format, only to be run on a Windows device.
I'm curious, what's the ROM hack or fan-game in question?

Meyapow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Its called Pokemon brick bronze reborn, i can't give you the link beacause im new but it should be in pokemon community
sorry for late response

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Absolutely not. .EXE files are only for Windows devices. Under no circumstances can they be run on a 3DS.

You're probably thinking of a fan-game, not a ROM hack. A regular ROM hack is in .GBA format, or a patch which needs to be applied to a .GBA file. Fan-games are usually in .EXE format, only to be run on a Windows
Its called Pokemon brick bronze reborn, i can't give you the link beacause im new but it should be in pokemon community
sorry for late response

256393_gold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. i wish that was possible, but no.
exe is a windows executable that is only for windows.
if you have a pc, just play it on that.
do you know if there is some coding app or something i can do to make a game compatable for the 3ds? i want to make it so that i can play super mario 63 (swf or exe file) on my 3ds. how are other people able to make doom playable? i just want any kind of answer you can give because i have no idea where to start.

Last edited by 256393_gold,

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
sorry for late response

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
PBB reborn doesn't even come in exe form. It's a Roblox game, and Roblox works by passing the executable a game ID and it downloads all the information from its servers.

So... absolutely not.

256393_gold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PBB reborn doesn't even come in exe form. It's a Roblox game, and Roblox works by passing the executable a game ID and it downloads all the information from its servers.

So... absolutely not.
sorry i thought you were talking to me at first and i don't know how to delete posts

Last edited by 256393_gold,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't bump threads that haven't had any replies for the last three years. Usually you should start a new thread. See also How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.

i want to make it so that i can play super mario 63 (swf or exe file) on my 3ds.
There are thousands upon thousands of flash games out there and there would be substantial interest in running them on a 3DS if it was somehow feasible to do so. While there are open-source Flash players (such as Ruffle), the 3DS is not powerful enough to run them.

how are other people able to make doom playable?
The Doom source code is readily available and is very well-understood at this point, so people have been able to port it to a vast variety of different devices. Even the original Doom has substantially lower system requirements than a typical Flash player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@