• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Everyone is making a big deal on Obama killing a fly

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
Whats really is sad, is that the media is so concerned to waste their time to put this on TV, and make such a fuss about it. Don't get me wrong, i aint backing up the guy or anything, but why on earth would they care if some guy killed a fly. why why ???

That's just how our media is these days.

I'm not very fond of Obama at all. I'll like him more if he actually starts backing up anything he said during his campaign. Other than make the Economic problem worse..

It's sad that he's the President and he's a youtube sensation. >>

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sstew said:
I'm not very fond of Obama at all. I'll like him more if he actually starts backing up anything he said during his campaign.

Wait a minute, if I remember you didn't like what he was saying during the campaign anyway so surely you should be happy if you believe he's not implimenting those things
smileipb2.png

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Sstew said:
I'm not very fond of Obama at all. I'll like him more if he actually starts backing up anything he said during his campaign.

Wait a minute, if I remember you didn't like what he was saying during the campaign anyway so surely you should be happy if you believe he's not implimenting those things
smileipb2.png

Exactly. I didn't like what he was saying, but that stuff is better than the nothing he is doing now. I mean he's in office till 2012. I'd rather him do something then nothing.

EDIT:. Actually I'd rather him do nothing now that I think about it. He tried to fix the economy with a bailout... that didn't work. He tried to help GM and several other companies that were doomed to fail. That didn't work.

So yeah he shouldn't try anything else.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you guys care about Obama ? I am sick of the Presidents, Mayors, Senators, etc because everything they says. They are a liars, a thief and a cheats. Why bother vote them ? They ruin our lives daily anyway! Jeez!

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What a waste of presidential time, Obama should be helping with the Iran voting crisis and as for GM, it needed to flop over completely with no help.

This should've been a youtube poop which are bloopers and not being put up as a regular video.

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
Why do you guys care about Obama ? I am sick of the Presidents, Mayors, Senators, etc because everything they says. They are a liars, a thief and a cheats. Why bother vote them ? They ruin our lives daily anyway! Jeez!
Its better than nothing really. If we didn't have a government, things would be off much worse than they are now.

Drakate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow 165000 views in 2 days and there are like loads of other vids on the same thing. People are making a big deal out of this

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
I'm more bothered with all the replies in that youtube video.....Fucking racists..

Exactly, I dont see why people hate him so much, they should see our PM! - now thats what I call Stupid!

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
golden said:
PETA is outraged:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...y-catcher-.html
QUOTEPETA Says No More Fly-Killing, Sends Obama a Humane Fly Catcher

June 17, 2009 10:55 PM

ABC News' Sunlen Miller reports:

PETA has a few words for President Obama: Brush, don’t kill.

After the President very publically swatted and then killed a fly during an interview with CNBC yesterday, the outspoken animal rights group PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) said they wished Obama had served a better example.

“We support compassion for the even the smallest animals," says Bruce Friedrich, VP for Policy at PETA. “We support giving insects the benefit of the doubt."

Friedrich says PETA supports "brushing flies away rather than killing them" and was disappointed that the President had gone ahead and squashed the pesky fly.

This afternoon PETA sent a Katcha Bug, a device which traps bugs and allows their safe release back into nature to the White House.

PETA hopes the President will use the catcher but has no far not received communication back from the White House, although they did not ask for specific correspondence.

Friedrich admits that despite his fly-swatting ways, the President has been a champion for animal rights in the past. PETA claims to be pleased by Obama’s denouncement of factory farming, Canadian seal hunting andMichelle Obama’s stance against wearing fur.

laugh.gif

obama should kill a mosquito, then let peta rant over it, then get self pwned due to dengue fever and such if they're not killed

smileipb2.png

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
LOL, what? PETA sure is kicking up a fuss. I wonder what they'll do when they freak out seing a cockroach. Catch it with their hands?
laugh.gif

May be a good thing, Rise Against should write a song for this! They support PETA and animal rights after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE