Everybody's Wii Theater dated, priced in Japan

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 19, 2008.

Dec 19, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"Fujisoft's Minna no Theater Wii (Everybody's Theater Wii), essentially a video rental service, will launch on January 27 in Japan, after slipping from its original December release date. We already knew that purchasing the video viewer cost 500 Wii Points, but now we have concrete prices for renting content:

* A single title for two days: 300 Wii Points
    * Two titles for three days: 600 Wii Points
    * Three titles for five days: 800 Wii Points

When it launches next month, 3,000 pieces of video content will be available. These span 150 franchises, including Astro Boy, Transformers, Hajime no Ippo, and Dogtanian. Anime currently dominates the line-up, though movies, drama, and educational shows will also be present, if a bit scarcer.

A further 50 pieces of content will be released every month following the launch, and Fujisoft claims its content comes "close" to delivering DVD quality. It's just a shame we'll probably never see this here to test that statement."

Source

2. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    Even though this isn't likely coming to America, a LOT of the casual Wii owners would LOVE this.

3. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    This makes alot of sense and can become extremely profitable. If they ever do decide to bring this to the States I can guarantee movie studios would love to jump on the Wii band wagon.

4. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    Just as long as it has good streaming speeds.
    The metroid prime 3 preview channel took 8 hours to load 5 seconds of a video [​IMG]