Everdrive GB Released!

bitbite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I for one am extremely excited for this release! (espically Micro SD support)
MSRP looks to be around $70

OnMCTuZ.jpg

Everdrive-GB flash cartridge for Game Boy with SD interface

• Game Boy And Game Boy color games supported​
  • Max. ROM size up to 8Mbyte​
  • Compatible with all systems which supports GB and GBC cartridges, including Super Game Boy​
  • Supported mappers: MBC1, MBC2, MBC3, MBC5​
  • SRAM auto backup on SD card​
  • Supported micro SD up to 32GB​
  • FAT32 are supported​
  • GameGenie cheat codes​
  • Simple menu​

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heh, never heard of the MBC5 memory bank controller though I am not much into my GB/GBC hacking.

Anyway always nice to seem flash carts with modern designs, especially on the GB/GBC where before the modern attempts were usually still aimed at LSDJ.

I do have a couple of GBCs gathering dust but I fear the GB/GBC will be living on for me as an emulated device.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'd probably hassle myself to pick one up in the future if the price drops, but I might still get one even if it doesn't. I still have a Super Gameboy kicking around, as well as an original Gameboy. Having it would let me play some games that just don't work anymore. coughpokemoncough I wonder if someone could make a multiboot program for link cables to allow a user to dump a save and rom of their owned cartridges though, in case they want to preserve precious user data.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks nice. Got my first GB/GBC Linker Kit in 1997, still own it. A GB-Xhanger from BUNG with two 16Mbit and a 64 Mbit card. Recently i purchased a 64 Mbit USB Card from Tototek. So i got enough carts.

For 39$ You can get a 64Mbit USB Card - Here

Reactions: Monty Kensicle
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks nice. Got my first GB/GBC Linker Kit in 1997, still own it. A GB-Xhanger from BUNG with two 16Mbit and a 64 Mbit card. Recently i purchased a 64 Mbit USB Card from Tototek. So i got enough carts.

For 39$ You can get a 64Mbit USB Card - Here

Thanks for the link, I was looking for an inexpensive GB cart, since it only holds one SRAM save at a time does it dump it to internal memory?

Also it mentions support for GBA files. What experience do you have with that? Is it on par with an EZ-Flash?

bitbite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also it mentions support for GBA files. What experience do you have with that? Is it on par with an EZ-Flash?

That quote was probably more that the cart will run on a GB, a GBC, a GBA, a GBA sp, a GB player and presumably the Super Gameboy as well.

GB/GBC and GBA hardware was quite different, it is why you have to use an emulator with a GBA flash cart.

Reactions: Monty Kensicle

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe its pre-order right now, looks like its not going to ship until April/May

It was available for immediate order when it was first made available, but it sold out pretty quickly, presumably from resellers picking up their bulk buys.

coughpokemoncough

Worth mentioning this cart doesn't have RTC support, so if you want to play GSC you'll need to use ROMs with patched clock functionality.

bitbite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was available for immediate order when it was first made available, but it sold out pretty quickly, presumably from resellers picking up their bulk buys.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Do you know if there have been any reviews posted on it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If only the Gameboy had a decent library, other than FF/Pokémon games. Still, nice tool to have.
Fighting words if several members heard you say that. A lot of has not aged well, or at least has been surpassed by the GBA, but there is quite a bit there still. For one the GB/GBC Zeldas are some of the few Zelda games I can say I liked without qualification, the bugs bunny in crazy castle series was awesome, the mario games are worth a look in, stick GB bomberman in a SNES and you have one of my favourite multiplayer bombermans (probably only PCE and Saturn likely to beat it, though the N64 one could occasionally beat it), several games were great examples of things that have since only been done badly in "collections", the megaman titles I enjoyed far more than the zero series, some of the "cut down" versions of home console games were done quite well (cannon fodder and motorcross usually being cited here), if you liked the FF titles you might also like Dragon Warrior and sword of hope).

Now if (portable) emulation were not as good as it is I might have to think about laying down money but I would be hesitant to write off the GB/GBC.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've sent a request for a review sample of this thing, I'm extremely excited to see a brand new flash cart available for the system, especially one from the well-known Everdrive line.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Do you know if there have been any reviews posted on it?

As far as I know, no-one's received one yet. I ordered mine within minutes of orders being opened, and the last Everdrive I ordered took around a week to arrive, so I'm expecting it to be with me any day now. Reviewers will probably start posting next week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.