Gaming Ever played/Still Play an MMORPG?

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Conquer online was fun but only because i had a bunch of friends who played it.

I had my share of runescape but it got old fast

Maple Story was really fun but there were to many requirments you had to do to be good like where you put your skill points. I screwed up and had to start over and it got boring.

Guild Wars: Factions was the best but after i relized i have played for 90 hours i quit.

Next iam going to try Final Fantasy 11 online.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I started with MapleStory. Three iterations of it, and I still hate it. And yes, when it comes out on the DS, I'm going to play the hell out of it. :3 Got as far as maybe a 38 Cleric, and that took the better part of several years to do (not an avid player you see).

I did WoW's 10-day trial twice, but I never played it more than twice. It was okay, I just never really got into it.

FlyFF wasn't too bad, but grinding, oh the grinding...

So I don't really like playing online, as you can see. =P

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Started by convincing my parents it was totally okay to buy a game and then pay to play it, this set me on a 2 year love fest that was the Early days of Ultima Online.

From there it's snowballed, I've played these commercial mmo's (in no particular order)
Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-NGE)
Everquest 2
Guild Wars
Vanguard
Planetside
Age of Conan
City of Heroes/Villains
Auto Assault
Lineage
Lineage 2
World of Warcraft
Eve Online

And now I'm currently playing Warhammer Online :3
Yeah, I've got what one might call an MMO addiction, although I'm not a hardcore player, I usually play them casually for a month or so before getting bored. In fact I've very rarely seen end game content on any of them.

drkshinigami

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only MMORPG i really got into was runescape but, that was years ago. I also played Maplestory for a while but, it was kind of lacking (probably playing it in its early stage). I also got stuck in a dungeon somewhere...

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
Humm... I've only really played an all text game MMORPG, MajorMud back in my BBS days (but how about L.O.R.D., anyone, even if that isn't quite an MMORPG? Haha.) Oh my goodness... that crap was addicting as hell, despite it being text. What is it about these types of games that makes you want to go back to playing them again?

I purposely don't read any details about WoW, Runescape or Everquest because I know I like that type of game - I know it will suck up my life; even that damn text game sucked up my life and it was just TEXT! Oh jeez...

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I have played -- Runescape, around 5 years ago, quit the year after that.
Maplestory -- Played in '04, been inactive ever since. (Lv. 105 Sniper)
RO -- RebirthRO and other various private servers for experimentation mostly.
La Tale -- Now, every now and then.

siteservant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MUDs starting 1994, on and off through 1998. (eventually lost interest)

EverQuest starting in 1999 on and off through 2003. (lost interest)

Horizons (at release) for first free month. (It was too unfinished.)

Planetside (at release) for 1 month. (lost interest)

World of Warcraft starting in closed beta (sept/oct 2004) on and off through 2006.
- hard to juggle with rl and family, hated guild obligations, mostly played solo or with pickup groups.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
I started with RO...
until I became a rag fag and I quit.
(2 years... lol until the korean version became pay 2 play)
and then I moved to dekaron, which I quickly quit after I figured out leveling up was TOO fast, and then granado espada. That was nice but took a little too much on my C drive...
and then I moved on to Cabal Online when it became free, and I trained my force shielder to 62 and quit.
Right now, I'm addicted to dungeon and fighter (dood I invested more than 600,000 won in it...about 600 $$ for cash items... lol)
and I'm soon thinking of playing mabinogi heroes (???) as soon as it comes out. Look at this: (don't press skip)
http://heroes.nexon.com/?ST=nexon&PS=gamelist
wow, the graphics in that trailer look way too good to be an mmo. but some of the screenies on the bottom look the same... meh i dont speak korean...

AGENT209T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Wars Galaxies - (Canceled)
Hero (no longer play)
Scions of Fate (no longer play)
Atu'los Online
Second Life
Outspark Fiesta
World of Kung Fu
Runes of Magic
World of Warcraft (Private Server)

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WOW for years and alot of it. But with breaks. Somehow I keep coming back to it though.
I just can't bear to leave my characters to rot. Its like how I could never look my stuffed animals in the eye when I walked out to go to school, or bear to see them knocked on the floor. I thought they would be mad at me.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Talk about thread ressurection.
tongue.gif

I no longer play MMORPGs. A few I've played in the past are Ultima Online, World of Warcraft and a trial of Warhammer Online. Never stuck to any of them for too long, I just find them boring and repetitive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.