Even Earlier DSi USA Release?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Hakoda, Mar 8, 2009.

Mar 8, 2009

Even Earlier DSi USA Release? by Hakoda at 8:04 PM (736 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This could be a lie but I dun think so.

Lately, Prizerebel.com, a survey site which you can trustfully earn points and redeem prizes, added the Nintendo DSi in their Prize Section on March 2nd. So I thought to myself, the DSi USA release date isn't until April. Are these Japanese? I opened a support ticket and this is what I said:

"Are the DSi's you are putting up for prizes in the Nintendo DS section of Available Prizes in Japanese or English?""

Their Reply:

"Those are english versions"

The reply was sent in by a Staff Member. I think its an English version because the number points needed to redeem a Nintendo DSi on Prizerebel is 170 points (170USD). If it was a Japanese import, Prizerebel would be losing money since they are about $200. Although even if I had 170 points, I'd wait till the USA Release then buy it.

NOTE: Those of you with 170+ points on Prizerebel, I suggest you DO NOT buy since once the prize is shipped, Prizerebel does not give refunds. If turns out to be a Japanese DSi, your stuck with it.

So, is Nintendo playing favorites or is this a lie?

~ Jon

2. Purses

Member Purses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nintendo doesn't play favorites. Clearly a 'lie'.

3. Blake1710

Member Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    It's for preordering, I'm pretty sure.

4. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    It clearly says PREORDER. Sorry