luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Here's the FaceBook event page, probably the easiest way for me to keep track of all this.

39e9cc0914f93018f83f8f6405e0a784.png

What is it?

As per quote from the official website:

"The Eurogamer Expo is the UK's biggest dedicated video games event, brought to you by the people behind Eurogamer - Europe's leading independent website for gaming news, reviews, previews and videos.

The Expo features playable versions of the most anticipated games for this Christmas and beyond, and we also welcome the world's most talented developers, who present their work directly to the public in our massive auditorium."

There will also be tournaments with prizes and a 'retro zone'.
Basically we get to play all the upcoming games, go and watch developer conferences where they talk about cool stuff.
Here's the list of games that will be at the show, it's constantly being updated as publishers still haven't unveiled their full line-ups.

When is it?

The Expo starts on Thursday the 22nd and finishes on Sunday the 25th of September and runs from 11AM to 7PM. (All the early bird tickets are sold out.)
Obviously people are free to go on which days they want but if this is going to be somewhat 'official' then I'm still working on the dates, the most probable days seems to be going for just the Saturday and Sunday. The plan is we all stay in the same inn/lodge and we will go to the expo as a big group, should be more fun that way.

Where is it?

See here.

If you live a good few hundred miles away, e.g. in Manchester then I found it cheapest if you get a National Express Coach as it works out a good £100 cheaper than getting a train (Although it will take a bit longer.) or public bus.

How will this happen?

The plan is that Tempers' who live near enough to each other will meet up and then take the appropriate route of travel to Earls Court (probably going to London Liverpool Street and then getting the underground to Earls Court.)
People will likely be arriving at different times so I'll have to sort that out closer to the date, but once we are all together we would either go to our accommodation or go straight to the expo. Once the expo finishes each day we would head out for dinner/tea and then go back to the inn and hopefully have some LAN fun.

So what about accommodation then?
The way I see to do this is by hiring a few rooms for 3 nights, in each room would be about 4-7 people, depending on space, the only fair way to decide who would get beds/couches would be to draw straws or give priority to those who need it (disabilities, bad back etc.), the more people we have the cheaper it will be for each person as the cost per night will be split between how many people are staying.

What will we do when we get back to the inn?

It's all up to you really, we could bring some movies or just spend the whole night on our laptops, just have group discussions or whatever.

How much will all this cost?

This depends on three factors:
1) How many days you will be attending the expo
2) How many nights you will be staying
3) Travel expenses

You will need to buy your own food aswell.
It would probably work out for someone who wanted to stay 2 nights and go to 2 days of the expo something like £30-£40.[/p]

This is obviously mainly directed for people in England but if you can make it from another country then no problem. If you need to know anything either PM me or ask here.
I think that's about it, nothing is finalized yet and this may not even go ahead if there isn't enough interest. Feel free to invite your friends as well!
Here's the Temper Map (Thanks to Urza) so you can see who is near you.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
oh shit what
FFXIII-2 AND Guild Wars 2 are playable?
Makes me really want to go.

Around £30 for Preston>London but shit, it's like 6 hours.

It's a maybe for me too.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ah, cool.
I was looking at the dates today to see how much it was, I didn't think of looking how much it was booking in advance.

£38 for travel and Saturday + Sunday.
How much would the hotel be around? (I'm guessing you don't know yet seeing from the first post the price will change depending on how many of us are actually going)

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Ah, cool.
I was looking at the dates today to see how much it was, I didn't think of looking how much it was booking in advance.

£38 for travel and Saturday + Sunday.
How much would the hotel be around? (I'm guessing you don't know yet seeing from the first post the price will change depending on how many of us are actually going)
Why would the travel be £38? It should be £18 for travel, that's going there and coming back.
The Hotel will (most likely) be between £10 and £20 per person per night, could be more or could be less though, still looking for places with the most room which is walking distance to Earls Court.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Going to the Saturday event for both Eurogamer Expo, and Hyper Japan next week!

Wowsers, I've only just read that Nintendo are going to have a stand at the Hyper Japan show, and are due to show off/demo some unreleased games! w00t! Can't wait!!

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
£38 includes travel and tickets :3
Ah, that makes sense
tongue.gif

The only problem is trying to find somewhere that can house 4-6 of us in a room as everywhere seems to be 2 adults maximum.
EDIT: Could be up to £40 per person per night, still looking at cheaper options

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Welp this never worked out
BobTheJoeBob said:
There's no age restriction for this, right?
You need to be over 16 and will probably need to have ID.
If you're 16-17 you won't be able to get into the 18 areas though.

That or go with your parents.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Welp this never worked out
BobTheJoeBob said:
There's no age restriction for this, right?
You need to be over 16 and will probably need to have ID.
If you're 16-17 you won't be able to get into the 18 areas though.
Damn age restrictions....
I don't even know why they're there.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wasn't enough interest in the end, people didn't want to travel 5-8 hours either way especially considering some would not be let in to the over 18 areas which arguably have the best games in them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.