Hacking EU Users: Super Ban - GDPR Template

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
That is correct. Nobody can sue you for playing the game you bought, because you have the right. But this topic is about something different. It's about being banned from their online service.
Yes, my point is that if you're banned from their online service, you're no longer able to play the games you own which is unacceptable which could be a reason for unbaning the console (?)

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They provide the service to you on a non modified console. They OWN the servers. They can revoke it without a moments notice.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the right to a private copy is common in the EU. Every EU country has this. It is a common misconception that it gives you a "free-for-all" pass, though.

Note the clause on Technological Protection Measures

source: https://www.copyrightuser.org/understand/exceptions/private-copying/

If courts deem CSS for DVDs a valid TPM, I am fairly certain they would DRM on games even more so.
The European union called The Netherlands multiple times out for that since their law is different then the general European law regarding this

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, my point is that if you're banned from their online service, you're no longer able to play the games you own
But this is obviously wrong. If you are banned, you can do evrything, but using their online service.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sony bans whole accounts with thousands of dollars of purchases on them. No one bats an eye. Nintendo does it, they are viewed as being evil.
Nintendo does a bit more then that as you can see in my previous post but I'll just state it again

TOS is not the law as can be seen in this article where Nintendo also did a shitty practice and they got called out for it and had a limited time given by the European Union to change their stance on it or fines would be given ! I don't give a shit about their TOS and nobody else should. If a law states differently then that is how it is and not their shitty TOS
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...icy-found-to-violate-european-consumer-rights

A

Also according to Nintendo's TOS it ain't allowed to sell accounts with games on seeing Nintendo has banned multiple accounts who did that but here the law is stating differently.
If it wasn't legal to do so then the European union wouldn't have called out steam for them deleting bought accounts. Nintendo deleting bought accounts is ILLEGAL by law
https://www.engadget.com/2012/07/03...o-resell-digital-games-software/?guccounter=1
Nintendo always places themselves above the law and they should be always called out for that instead people white knighting for them

Nintendo is a fucking shitty company placing themselves above the law more then any other company and people should really stop defending them on all the shit they do and call them out for all of that. Because of that you're giving away your soul as a consumer to corporate and basically giving them all the power in the world

Last edited by kumikochan,

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Tbh, you could say you have the right to play an incomplete game no? You purchased the right to that cart, not the update that is on the server?
Yes I did, I purchased L.A Noire, the full game, not a demo, the same game that I can watch on Youtube with people completing the game from 0% to 100%.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did, I purchased L.A Noire, the full game, not a demo, the same game that I can watch on Youtube with people completing the game from 0% to 100%.
But, does it say that you purchased the update? If you can show me that, then I will side with you on that. Until then, you bought the data on that cart, thats it.

Revard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo gives you the update: if you put your cart in a unmodified switch you can still download said updates.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You bought the Game. The whole box advertises this.
Can you show us a picture of the box' back? I don't know how it is in your country, but here in Germany the boxes have some information written on it. It says that you need the online service and that you need an unmodified console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: