Hacking EU Users: Super Ban - GDPR Template

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, it isn't, in Europe they have another age rating system called PEGI. Also, i've looked my another game boxes and in Zelda/ARMS/Splatoon2/Bomberman/DOOM it says that if you modify the Switch, they can render the software useless. But whatever, if it is illegal (i'm not a lawyer and i don't know), their threats are useless.
s-l1600.jpg

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try it. Take your game out of your banned console and put it in an unmodified (as in NEVER modified) console. It will work
One thing is that the console was modified in some way that makes it unable to load games. Another thing is an intended server-side sabotage just for detecting you ran homebrew software. (Almost everyone pirated things, but not everyone.)
They can lock online gaming. It is a extra service. But locking the access to software you bought is ridiculous, i'm sure it must be illegal and if it isn't, it is a good way to make your customers lose confidence in you.

Reactions: antiNT

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You never lost the rights to your games. If you sign the Nintendo ID into a stock switch you can redownload all the games you purchased again on the new console.

Reactions: c80

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The ToS of L.A. Noire probably falls under Unfair. Since it requires you to download additional data to get your product working. Therefore the ToS most likely is invalid.
For example if Rockstar pulls the game from Nintendo, it might not be possible to play the game again.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys can argue about this all you want, Nintendo feels no one can afford a lawyer to fight them, if someone trys, it'll take a few years to come to a settlement, and it could go either way.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Contracts must be fair
The standard contract terms used in the course of your business, whether they are called 'terms and conditions' or are part of a detailed contract, have to be fair.

Under EU law, standard contract terms must not:

• be contrary to the requirement of good faith;
  • disadvantage consumers (in terms of rights & obligations), in relation to sellers/suppliers.
You must act in good faith, taking the consumers' legitimate interests into account, by dealing fairly and equitably with them.

I would say LA Noire disadvantage consumers because of the digital extra download.

Nr 13 and 15 as well.
https://europa.eu/youreurope/busine...rtcut-2-unfair-contract-terms-are-not-binding

Last edited by linuxares,

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't. You need to fulfill all the requirements that are written on the box. If you meet those requirements, it will work. I never said anything different

Kay. Lets say that i purchased LA Noire and on the next day i am banned from online.
I return to the store and ask to return/refund the game.
They ask me why. I answer: Well my console was banned, i cannot download the patch that completes the game, but when i purchased the game i was legit. I met all the requirements that the box requests.
They ask me: Is your console currently unmodified?
I answer: Yea, it is now.

What do you think it will happen? Will they accept or will they refuse my refund plea?
Because by your logic, as the console is currently unmodified, they are obliged to accept my refund plea.

If the seller knows what he's doing, he will refuse 100%.

Reactions: antiNT

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Kay. Lets say that i purchased LA Noire and on the next day i am banned from online.
I return to the store and ask to return/refund the game.
They ask me why. I answer: Well my console was banned, i cannot download the patch that completes the game, but when i purchased the game i was legit. I met all the requirements that the box requests.
They ask me: Is your console currently unmodified?
I answer: Yea, it is now.

What do you think it will happen?
He will say "Now? That means you modifed your console before? That's YOUR fault. Look at the box, it is clearly written on the back

Will they accept or will they refuse my refund plea?
by your logic, as the console is currently unmodified
No, that was YOUR logic. I told you that you cannot make a modified console an unmodified console by running OFW

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is how we know that we won the argument boys.
No, this is me NOT saying out loud what I think about his mom and his dog. Just trying to be polite and stuff

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Could you please help me. I need to contact your supervisor. I want him to revoke your moderator status, because you say wrong things all the time. You are not worth to be a moderator if you behave like that
Feel free to ignore me if you so wish, I on the otherhand cannot ignore you with the "ignore" button since it's my duty as mod to remove potential content violating GBAtemp's rules.

EDIT: Fixed typo, sleepy time!

Last edited by linuxares,

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Feel free to ignore me if you so wish, I on the otherhand cannot ignore you with the "ignore" button since it's my duty as mod to remove potential content violating GBAtemp's rules.

EDIT: Fixed typo, sleepy time!

Real question and sorry about the offtopic. Where's this ignore button that i hear so much about?

EDIT: Nevermind! Found it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1