Etrian Odyssey 4 AR code help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CoarseDragon, Apr 15, 2013.

Apr 15, 2013
  1. CoarseDragon
    OP

Newcomer CoarseDragon Newbie

United States
    I hope this is the right place to ask this. I was looking for EO4 Action Replay codes.

Anyone know of any?

Thanks.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Isn't EO4 for the 3DS?

You can't an AR on 3DS games.

3. CoarseDragon
    OP

United States
    Is there anything else that might work?

Thanks for the reply!

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    There is no publicly-available way to run custom code or cheats on 3DS games.

5. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Out of curiosity, what do you want to use AR codes for? There is already a casual mode in the game. If it's still too hard, it probably isn't the game for you. Casual mode is extremely simple and doesn't require much grinding to plow through the game.

6. CoarseDragon
    OP

United States
    I played through the game once and now would like to play one more time but I was looking for some way to increase the XP from battles so it would not take as long to get to higher levels.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    There is no AR 3DS that works in 3DS mode.

If you need the QR codes for weapons and gear:

These have no level requirements.
    List of QR items: http://www.ign.com/wikis/etrian-odyssey-iv-legends-of-the-titan/QR_Code_Items
    List of QR weapons: http://www.ign.com/wikis/etrian-odyssey-iv-legends-of-the-titan/QR_Code_Weapons
    List of QR armor: http://www.ign.com/wikis/etrian-odyssey-iv-legends-of-the-titan/QR_Code_Armor

The quests have either level requirements or requirements on what you currently have unlocked. You can only do 1 QR quest at a time.
    List of QR quest: http://www.ign.com/wikis/etrian-odyssey-iv-legends-of-the-titan/QR_Code_Unlocks

You need to progress far enough into the game to have access to the Cargo Wharf, which isn't very far into the game.

8. CoarseDragon
    OP

United States
    Thanks for those links. :)

9. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You can automate your xp runs if you have Patch Up skill on a Medic or on your subclass.

What to do to setup the auto xp runs:

You will need to lay out a circular track with the arrows like this:
    [​IMG]

Then you need to stand on the track and then press the auto run button on the side of the map tools.
    Here is an example of how to do it if your unfamiliar:

Then you just need something to hold down on the A button to automatically attack and select things for you and have the AC adaptor plugged in, you can have it running forever that way. It will automatically discard new items when your inventory becomes full.

You need to be in an area of the game where the amount of damage you take doesn't exceed the Patch Up skill (if you only got 1 party member with that skill). Or you will be running back to town to revive dead chars.

Also avoid areas in the labyrinth where you run into doors shortcut bushes, having the A button down all the times makes you go through the door or shortcut rather than follow the path.

---

The game also keeps track of every QR code you use either by some unique ID embedded into the code. You can't scan the same QR code a second time.