Hacking [Essentials] AceKard Skins

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
FYI - The way I've done it (although it IS long winded) is to use 'GIMP'
I load in the graphic (usinfg 'Drag-&-Drop') then

'File' > 'Save As' > [Save] > [Replace] (the existing file) > 'Advanced Options' > Select 16-bit 'X1 R5 G5 B5' option > [Save]

+1, thats what i prefer to using for skins too =)

gimp is pimp

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot for fixing the skins and telling me what the problem was
smile.gif

I fixed some other non-converted themes that were posted on the AK site and ndsthemes. They were too pretty to go unused
bow.gif
frown.gif

PirateGirl
051585091.jpg

HomebrewChannelDSi
051585610.gif

MarioTheme
051585346.jpg

I also made a compilation of my current AK skins and it can be found here:

83 Skins Compilation

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Would anyone be able to make me a skin?
smile.gif
The only things I ask are that the top screen shows this image:
spuolv.jpg

and the bottom screen is this image: http://i46.tinypic.com/16bg2tt.png (sorta large). I know it's very short, but if the width is resized perfectly, the remaining height can just be a plain white background. I'd also like this image faded a bit, and the logo centered.

Minimal top screen text - preferably nothing at all, (no calendar, no date, etc.) and the bottom screen text needs to be easy to read. Thanks
smile.gif
Please send me a PM when its done!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I made my third AK2 skin (my second one is hidden somewhere, but I'm sure I'll get to releasing it sooner or later...hopefully...) and I'm wondering on what you people think about it. Right now I'm working on making two .psd's so the top screen character is customizable like in the game xD (lots of layers though). I didn't feel like I wanted to make an entirely new thread, and I feel that this skin is sort of essential anyways (to me at least).
Here is a preview:
previewkp.jpg

[Download]

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
So I made my third AK2 skin (my second one is hidden somewhere, but I'm sure I'll get to releasing it sooner or later...hopefully...) and I'm wondering on what you people think about it. Right now I'm working on making two .psd's so the top screen character is customizable like in the game xD (lots of layers though). I didn't feel like I wanted to make an entirely new thread, and I feel that this skin is sort of essential anyways (to me at least).
Here is a preview:

Very nice work. The mouth animation is cute.
Only one super tiny flaw, and I think it only occurs in AKAIO. When you use transparency in the left arrow "spin" button, there are letters visible in the upper left button of the System Options menu even though the title also appears in the center of the actual title bar.
Since that's not even remotely your fault, I gave you a 5/5 on NDSthemes, because that's where I actually saw it first - on the monthly contest entry page.

FoxyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I've been attempting to make my own custom skin, but since I am not exactly the most technological savvy person, nor the best with any kind of art (best program I have on my comp is MS Paint), I can't do jack.

So, I've seen what you guys do, and I'm extremely impressed, so I have come to you asking for help. I have scoured the skins available for download on the Acekard site (it took me quite a while) and I was disappointed when I didn't find a single MS Paint Adventures themed skin. No Problem Sleuth, no Homestuck, not even a general MSPA theme.

I am a huge fan of the series, and I love my Acekard, but I can't make a skin to save my life. I want to have a Dave Strider theme so badly (from the Homestuck story). Can someone help me? I can try to help by providing as many images as I can get.

EDIT: Dunno if I need to mention it or not, but I use AKAIO for my Acekard.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FoxyDude said:
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I've been attempting to make my own custom skin, but since I am not exactly the most technological savvy person, nor the best with any kind of art (best program I have on my comp is MS Paint), I can't do jack.

So, I've seen what you guys do, and I'm extremely impressed, so I have come to you asking for help. I have scoured the skins available for download on the Acekard site (it took me quite a while) and I was disappointed when I didn't find a single MS Paint Adventures themed skin. No Problem Sleuth, no Homestuck, not even a general MSPA theme.

I am a huge fan of the series, and I love my Acekard, but I can't make a skin to save my life. I want to have a Dave Strider theme so badly (from the Homestuck story). Can someone help me? I can try to help by providing as many images as I can get.

Very nice illustrated step by step tutorial here -> http://www.ndsthemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6684
You can follow it with MS Paint and GIMP, and GIMP is totally free.
For me, it was very fun and rewarding to learn how to make themes, although I did my learning before this guy wrote this tutorial.
Just remember always when you open AKEdit, choose NO when asked to convert to 16 Bit. Never use AKEdit to convert the bitmaps, always do this in GIMP.
If following this tutorial beyond your abilities then perhaps someone else will come along and make you a theme. If not, there is a theme request forum on NDSthemes.

FoxyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exangel said:
FoxyDude said:

Very nice illustrated step by step tutorial here -> http://www.ndsthemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6684
You can follow it with MS Paint and GIMP, and GIMP is totally free.
For me, it was very fun and rewarding to learn how to make themes, although I did my learning before this guy wrote this tutorial.
Just remember always when you open AKEdit, choose NO when asked to convert to 16 Bit. Never use AKEdit to convert the bitmaps, always do this in GIMP.
If following this tutorial beyond your abilities then perhaps someone else will come along and make you a theme. If not, there is a theme request forum on NDSthemes.
Okay, thanks, I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Ugh, GIMP isn't exactly newbie friendly. This is gonna be even harder than I thought.

EDIT2: Nope, my brain just isn't working. I don't know the first thing about art programs or editing, so I just do a big epic fail here.

If someone wants to spare me the trouble of giving myself a migraine, I would gladly reward them for it.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coattails said:
Thanks a lot for fixing the skins and telling me what the problem was
smile.gif

I fixed some other non-converted themes that were posted on the AK site and ndsthemes. They were too pretty to go unused
bow.gif
frown.gif

PirateGirl
051585091.jpg

HomebrewChannelDSi
051585610.gif

MarioTheme
051585346.jpg

I also made a compilation of my current AK skins and it can be found here:

83 Skins Compilation
hey thanx for fixin my Homebrew channel theme
tongue.gif

if you want proof ill show proof that i made it...

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
lacrymosa967 said:
smile.gif
spuolv.jpg

and the bottom screen is this image: http://i46.tinypic.com/16bg2tt.png (sorta large). I know it's very short, but if the width is resized perfectly, the remaining height can just be a plain white background. I'd also like this image faded a bit, and the logo centered.

Minimal top screen text - preferably nothing at all, (no calendar, no date, etc.) and the bottom screen text needs to be easy to read. Thanks
smile.gif

I'd appreciate it if someone would fulfill my request - I'm not quite good at these things, and I would really love this skin on my Acekard. Thanks to whoever takes this up
smile.gif

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
lacrymosa967 said:
smile.gif
spuolv.jpg

smile.gif

Here is the skin, hope you like it:
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
preview.jpg

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
obito said:
whoa whoa whoaaaaaaa. epic. Im getting it now.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

QUOTE(jaywilson @ Jul 1 2010, 10:35 AM) hey what kindom hearts skins are there
i've only found this one
http://gbatemp.net/screenshots/%5B3862%5Dx...review_copy.jpg
did'nt know if there was anymore
or i'f someone could make a alex one or sora or roxas one one
thankyou : )

I think there's only 2 or 3 Kingdom Hearts skins, here is another, also it was not made by me:

Halloween Town
preview.jpg

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Probably not essential for everyone, but if there are any Suzumiya lovers, then here is a decent skin (since I couldn't find one, I made one). It has an alternative animation that I am sort of proud of...because I had to do some image editing to get a second frame xD.
Previews/Download link:
http://www.ndsthemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6822

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
jurassicplayer said:
Probably not essential for everyone, but if there are any Suzumiya lovers, then here is a decent skin (since I couldn't find one, I made one). It has an alternative animation that I am sort of proud of...because I had to do some image editing to get a second frame xD.
Previews/Download link:
http://www.ndsthemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6822

*claps* Yay!

*downloads*

I also downloaded TWEWY alt. and MS2Sakura now that I'm using Maio ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended