Eshop Question

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SonicRegret, Feb 20, 2016.

1. SonicRegret
    OP

SonicRegret ...

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Chad
    is the eshop still accessible using the homebrew eshop, or has it been patched?

2. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    Same here. Been having trouble trying to access the eShop through HANS and Free Multi Patcher, even with the latest NVER installed.

3. SonicRegret
    OP

SonicRegret ...

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Chad
    But has it been patched? Also, Whats a NVER?

4. Pandaxclone2

Aug 17, 2015
    NVER is a system .cia that allows you to access NNID services like the eShop. If you don't have the latest one then you're required to update.

And yeah, without that the homebrew spoofer is effectively patched.

5. SonicRegret
    OP

SonicRegret ...

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Chad
    huh, thanks for that info!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

how does one obtain the NVER CIA file?

6. Pandaxclone2

Aug 17, 2015
    You can download it by using 3DNUS and inputting the Title ID and version number found here: (O3DS, N3DS) E is USA, P is EUR (Yeah, it's a bit confusing)

7. SonicRegret
    OP

SonicRegret ...

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Chad
    Last edited by SonicRegret, Feb 28, 2016
  8. Pandaxclone2

Aug 17, 2015
    The reddit link is trusted and should help you. Also, downgrading only has a risk of bricking if you're using incorrect firmware .cias, the battery runs out or if you happen to mess with the system while it's downgrading.

Also, if you're using a 2DS you should not format your sysNAND. That will softlock the system because it's looking for the 3D slider when there isn't one.

9. SonicRegret
    OP

SonicRegret ...

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Chad
    thank you so much, IM FILLED WITH DETERMINATION!!!
    so just get the right CIAS, leave the 3ds plugged it and dont touch it, plus whats the safest/most successful version of sysupdater, there seems to be so many of them, thanks again

10. Pandaxclone2

Aug 17, 2015
    I've heard safesysupdater is more buggy than the regular, but you should be able to use that for at least verifying if the firmware .cias are the right ones. Personally I used the regular sysupdater on both my 3DS XL's and successfully downgraded, so as long as you follow the rules it should be fine.

11. SonicRegret
    OP

SonicRegret ...

Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Chad
    thanks a lot again

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  12. kabii-sama

kabii-sama Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2015
    United States
    I have been following the guides on Reddit since the 10.4 update was released, updating the NVer and other system titles to keep online services functional on my 10.3 3DS. (They refer to this as creating a "Frankenfirmware".) And I wanted to mention that I've never had any issues after installing the .cias mentioned in the guide you link, so you should be perfectly safe installing them provided you follow the guide exactly.

That said, there are some things about Frankenfirmware that you might benefit from knowing. Updating the NVer to the value of the latest system update (or greater) is what allows you to use applications that require you to log into your Nintendo Network ID, such as Miiverse, Badge Arcade, and the eShop on outdated firmware. Some games may also require the NVer to be current to function. (Mario vs. DK: Tipping Stars is one example, and it's likely because the online is so integrated with Miiverse). Also, you will still need to access the eShop in particular through the HANS homebrew. Updating the friend module title mentioned in the guide is what allows you to view your friend list, play most 3DS games online, and use the official Pokemon Bank on outdated firmware. Unfortunately, even with these two titles (plus the eShop ones) updated you still can't utilize certain tools on the system, like the Save Data Transfer Tool and the system transfer. Of course the former app is pretty pointless if you have any homebrew save manager.

I'm not sure what your circumstances are exactly (you have 3 3DS systems mentioned in your sig) but if you were interested in following that guide you linked for any of them, I hope the info I gave was helpful. For future updates, you can check the site with update info linked to in the guide to determine if any of the 4 system titles need to be updated. After a new system update is released and the exact details are determined, the report for your region should show exactly which titles were changed in the update, and the new versions of those titles. I would refrain from updating any titles other then the 4 in the guide, as doing so may very well cut off your access to certain exploits.

SonicRegret and Pandaxclone2 like this.