Hacking eShop and System Update issues...

bungboi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm kinda stuck here.
So I edited the sleep text on my home menu a while back, and eventually I lost my .app backup. This became an issue when I tried to go into the eShop on 11.8, and it asked me to update.
I instantly knew it was because of the home menu, so I downloaded a new one from 3DNUS and installed it. For whatever reason, it didn't work. I know the problem is because of a modified app, but the new problem is that I don't know which one it is.
I'm thinking about getting a fresh install of 11.8 entirely, but I'm not sure how I would go about that.
Any help?

Edit - I know how to grab 11.8 from 3DNUS, but I'm not sure how to go forward with installing it.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I'm kinda stuck here.
So I edited the sleep text on my home menu a while back, and eventually I lost my .app backup. This became an issue when I tried to go into the eShop on 11.8, and it asked me to update.
I instantly knew it was because of the home menu, so I downloaded a new one from 3DNUS and installed it. For whatever reason, it didn't work. I know the problem is because of a modified app, but the new problem is that I don't know which one it is.
I'm thinking about getting a fresh install of 11.8 entirely, but I'm not sure how I would go about that.
Any help?
Have you been able to go about the normal update it asks for?

bungboi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you been able to go about the normal update it asks for?
Nope. It fails the update, even in recovery mode. I've tried to delete the home menu entirely, (with a NAND backup to go back on) and then update, but it still doesn't work.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. It fails the update, even in recovery mode. I've tried to delete the home menu entirely, (with a NAND backup to go back on) and then update, but it still doesn't work.
  1. Backup all your saves and extadata in Checkpoint or JKSM.
  2. Make a current backup of your SysNAND *.bin image in GodMode9.
  3. Go to that darth site and download the 11.8.0-41U firmware package.
    • o3DS USA: bacc659a95e3663f6f90b5262c2df1cf
    • n3DS USA: 03c129bba96d3f0d4634d5e8e6e22248
  4. Reinstall missing or tampered system titles with sysUpdater.

If the 3DS softbricks, use GodMode9 to SysNAND Restore (Safe). Try steps 1-4 again or use CTRTransfer.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: bungboi

bungboi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Backup all your saves and extadata in Checkpoint or JKSM.
  2. Make a current backup of your SysNAND *.bin image in GodMode9.
  3. Go to that darth site and download the 11.8.0-41U firmware package.
    • o3DS USA: bacc659a95e3663f6f90b5262c2df1cf
    • n3DS USA: 03c129bba96d3f0d4634d5e8e6e22248
  4. Reinstall missing or tampered system tiles with sysUpdater.
If the 3DS softbricks, use GodMode9 to SysNAND Restore (Safe). Try steps 1-4 again or use CTRTransfer.
Thanks. I wasn't sure about using sysUpdater. I'll update if it works.

Edit - Well.. that was strange. I went to use sysUpdater with an 11.8 package I grabbed from 3DNUS, and it kept getting stuck on the home menu CIA. So, I grabbed an 11.8 home menu I've had for a while, deleted the CIA it was getting stuck on and replaced it with my own, and now I'm able to access the eShop. Quick word of advice, don't use the ModHomeMenu script on GM9 to install an old home menu. Thanks for the help :)

Last edited by bungboi,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: