Hacking Error when updating emunand...? (N3DS)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Ok, so I created emunand, I went to update it, and it starts to connect but then it just errors out after a few seconds...
I read some people have updated it, is there anyone else who cannot?
I guess I can just recreate emunand and try again to see if it magically works... ha :)
I'm on 8.1J - thanks

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea my % bar gets about as far as the "o" in "Do not" then shows "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted" and I'm thrown back to sysnand.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yea my % bar gets about as far as the "o" in "Do not" then shows "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted" and I'm thrown back to sysnand.

i don't have much time right now, but can you test recreating emunand (format emunand again etc) - and test? :) and you are on 9.0 sysnand right, what region?
(i guess it doesn't really matter, but, good that it is not only happening to jp n3ds (for example))

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Working now. Just put the emunand in sleep for a bit and it background loaded the update, then i went to system settings and applied it, working emunand 9.5 now.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Working now. Just put the emunand in sleep for a bit and it background loaded the update, then i went to system settings and applied it, working emunand 9.5 now.

so leave it for a while in emunand in the home screen? sounds easy enough for me :) cool

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i just don't like the idea of there being a weird little glitch with my emunand, so i hope once it has updated everything really is ok.
because yeah, i'm pretty sure i didn't have the GW text in the system settings, i will see once i have updated emunand if that is the case still.
and yeah, i'm just waiting for the update nag now, lol

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
i just don't like the idea of there being a weird little glitch with my emunand, so i hope once it has updated everything really is ok.
because yeah, i'm pretty sure i didn't have the GW text in the system settings, i will see once i have updated emunand if that is the case still.
and yeah, i'm just waiting for the update nag now, lol

I don't think it's a glitch, it's probably just the nintendo network or our internet connection being flaky

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I don't think it's a glitch, it's probably just the nintendo network or our internet connection being flaky

yes, my connection isn't the best to be honest :)

(i just posted this in another thread)
hmm... it's really weird.
when i go into my emunand, i go to the settings, i do not see 'GW'.
but i AM in emunand, my home menu is different compared to my sysnand.
BUT - gw does not work... i press select and the multirom menu does not appear...
but i am in GW mode because my retail cart does not show up when i insert it... haha...
maybe i will just recreate emunand to see if this fixes it...

so yeah, something seems to be weird. i will recreate emunand

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok - maybe the no 'GW' text (if that settings menu really is the sysnand version) and the 'no multirom menu' are the same bug?

i just redid emunand and still no rom select is showing up... and settings still has no 'GW'.
but it IS in emunand, because as before, my sysnand has diferent sized icons that my emunand... i will send gw an email about the bug :)
maybe if i recreate emunand once again, it could work this time... but i won't retry yet.

yarib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok - maybe the no 'GW' text (if that settings menu really is the sysnand version) and the 'no multirom menu' are the same bug?

i just redid emunand and still no rom select is showing up... and settings still has no 'GW'.
but it IS in emunand, because as before, my sysnand has diferent sized icons that my emunand... i will send gw an email about the bug :)
maybe if i recreate emunand once again, it could work this time... but i won't retry yet.

I dont know if it helps, but when i did it, I formatted the 3ds without the sd card after creating emunand to seperate them. It worked for me on the first try.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok, so it is a few parts.
i guess GW does not fully support 8.1 n3ds, multirom didn't show up etc... a shame
but no problem, i went to update emunand, no 'GW' in the version text, that is ok, i know i am in emunand.
but i tried to update but it did not work (honestly it could be my internet)
i recreate emunand just incase it fixes it, but the result is the same.

so i just wait in the home menu, 3ds closed, and the 3ds downloads the 9.5 update, it asked me to apply it and now 9.5 emunand is working fine :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol