Hacking Error Code: 2144-0001 with SX OS 1.2

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree that a new SanDisk SD card could also give errors, even new electronics have their fair share of failure rates. In all fairness I haven’t once had an issue in game of any kind which makes me think its probably not the SD, I also formatted it in exFAT prior to use. I’ve had a defective SD on my 3DS in the past and it was pretty obvious with repeated issues. All I can think of was maybe it was the way I copied all the XCI files at once which I have approx. 15 or so in total.. I should have copied one at a time. What is interesting is that it only happened the one time and it is not only me that seems to have this error code while trying to open up the album which makes me think it may be something TX has to fix in the SX OS code. I wouldn’t be surprised since it’s a fairly new product and I am by no means complaining but obviously it’s good we’re aware and keep an eye on it. I don’t think errors of any kind are good especially if it could be avoided by a programming fix or by simply moving the XCI files on the SD one at a time if that is the problem.

Last edited by SaggyBeans,
Reactions: lukhart

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me bud there are a lot of cards like these such as san disc that are sold and are not the genuine genuine article, it may say san disc ultra but if you check on your packaging depending on where that san disc is made makes all the difference! I used to by "genuine" cards from mymemory but all these cards sold by them are second rate badly made media and would have faults or either lock up within a month of purchase but if I bought the same make from say PCWorld it would never go wrong infact I buy all my media now from PCWorld is scares me buying media of the internet because you never know what you might get ie made in Taiwan etc.. also it is a known fact badly made media can flag a ban using roms, it was known to do it back in the gateway 3ds rom day, it can pull a simple quick error playing the game and be sent back to Nintendo and in turn they will know looking at that error reported your using a back up instant ban! if the media you bought from "bestbuy" was a cheap deal then that's your problem you pay for what you get in life and looking at bestbuy products I'm betting it was dirt cheap?

Your comment is a nothing burger. Best buy is a huge mega chain store. Odds of them selling a cheap knock off repacked as a name brand is close to zero as they would get sued by scandisk, sued by the us dept of Justice, not to mention the class action lawsuits it would bring, for selling counterfeit goods and also would destroy their already fragile brand. Use brains before you speak

Plus he said it only happend once and then went away. Cheap media gives other codes btw, not that one. A quick Google proves you wrong

Last edited by Twisted_sins,
Reactions: SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
assume that you're breaking the TOS and stop being scared about ban, also an EmuNAND won't stop a ban

Ohh I agree 100% that I’m breaking TOS by using SX OS. I can’t say that I’m scared about a ban though, I just don’t want to go out of my way to get banned if there is the slightest chance that TX or someone will eventually have a method to safely update games or (i’m gonna say it!) play backups online without getting a ban. Now I understand that peoples heads are pretty much going explode when they read that since there is a lot of variables to consider regarding the way Nintendo collects information about the system, game certs, error logs, telemetry, etc. and how unlikely it is for this to be a possibility but I’m staying positive here. I would hate to get myself perma banned to later find out that there is actually a way to take advantage of any online features. P.S: I have never cheated online or would otherwise ruin a legitimate owners online experience by playing online.

Last edited by SaggyBeans,

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Other than the 2144-0001 error I sometimes get screen freeze with beep sound where the switch doesn’t react on any button. Only holding the power button turns the switch off.
Because it just happened now again, I have put the sx 1.3 boot.dat on the sx card root.
Is there a way to check if my sd card or the files on it are corrupt? Windows cannot find any errors but it is done with checking really fast. Therefor I would like to do a full check of the card.

Last edited by jaysea,

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
hello Mohammed,

yes, this problem is known and will be fixed in update.

--
Best regards,
Team

Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 8:17:56 PM, you wrote:
Dear Xecuter

I got this error today in docked mode, I was changing/switching backup games
quickly and I got error 2144-0001, what does it mean?

Could you please make SX OS more stable before adding new features.

Thanks.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

I am using sx os v1.3

Last edited by MohammedQ8,

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Other than the 2144-0001 error I sometimes get screen freeze with beep sound where the switch doesn’t react on any button. Only holding the power button turns the switch off.
Because it just happened now again, I have put the sx 1.3 boot.dat on the sx card root.
Is there a way to check if my sd card or the files on it are corrupt? Windows cannot find any errors but it is done with checking really fast. Therefor I would like to do a full check of the card.
Use h2testw. It formats and checks if your card is corrupt or a counterfeit. Much more accurate than windows tools

Last edited by lukhart,

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use h2testw. It formats and checks if your card is corrupt or a counterfeit. Much more accurate than windows tools
Can it check without formating too, because I do not want to format it now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks Mohammed2935. It seems that this is related to SX after all.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can it check without formating too, because I do not want to format it now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks Mohammed2935. It seems that this is related to SX after all.
Unfortunately not. It has to write over the entire SD to check for any corrupt sectors. It's a pain but it will show if your SD has any problems

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has received error code 2144-0001? I was playing Harvest Moon Light of Hope, closed out the game, left switch in sleep mode for about an hour and when I picked it back up and tried to enter the Album I was thrown onto the black screen with the error code which forced me to restart the switch. I've since tried the album and loaded up a game and everything seems fine now, does anyone know why I got this error? I've never done any other modification to the switch (Only SX OS with autoRCM) and I 've never been online since I used SX OS (Always in Airplane). I'm trying my best not to get banned and I'm patiently waiting for a way to update my games with something like emuNAND so I'm assuming I would want to remain offline especially now since I got this error code? Thanks.
Exact thing happened to me last night I was playing mario tennis rebooted again and everything seems ok

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Hello Mohammed,

If you email us several time a day to repeat the same thing you already told us,
we just lose time replying to you instead of working on it, which is what we are
doing. Thank you for understanding.

--
Best regards,
Team

Sorry Lol

johnybjb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont see the error message, just get a blank screen sometimes when opening album whilst docked (SX OS V1.4). Have to long press power button and reboot

DilandDuck25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a problem with libnx which is in sx os. This has happened to me and other people multiple times. It is caused only in docked mode. To fix it just launch the album in handheld mode and mount the game you want then put your switch in docked mode and load the game from the switch homemenu.
Only in docked mode? I got it when I tried to play Stardew Valley. I opened the game and it didn't open normally. It just crashed. Tried opening it again and I got the 2144-0001 error code and I wasn't in docked mode, I was in handheld mode. Did the Switch glitch and think it entered docked mode or something like that?

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had this error code a few times and not related to the dock. Using a 200gb sandisk. Most recently trying to play FIFA and when it went to check online the error appeared (I have airplane mode on always). Is this just an occasional bug that we have to put up with or is there a fix?

Raikkonen94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had this error code a few times and not related to the dock. Using a 200gb sandisk. Most recently trying to play FIFA and when it went to check online the error appeared (I have airplane mode on always). Is this just an occasional bug that we have to put up with or is there a fix?

It also occurs to me every now and then in handheld mode. Be sure to check whether your sd card is legit (with something like h2testw) and remove possible corrupted NSP files from your sd card. That's what I did and I have yet to see an error. Also, I don't know if this issue is exclusive to SX OS or also happening to people using ReiNX?

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
It also occurs to me every now and then in handheld mode. Be sure to check whether your sd card is legit (with something like h2testw) and remove possible corrupted NSP files from your sd card. That's what I did and I have yet to see an error. Also, I don't know if this issue is exclusive to SX OS or also happening to people using ReiNX?
Thanks for the reply. How would I know if an nsp file was corrupted and so should then delete it?

Raikkonen94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the reply. How would I know if an nsp file was corrupted and so should then delete it?

If you go to your settings and Data Management, you can check whether your games are corrupted by selecting "check for corrupt data". However, if you have used the SX OS NSP installer then all files will likely be corrupt. I think it's still not clear whether this really matters as I've also seen people reporting corrupt data, but they can play all of their games without any problem. But when you use Devmenu or Tinfoil, you won't have a corrupted installation. Once again, I don't know whether this really helps or not or whether it's something exclusive to SX OS or whether it also happens on ReiNX.

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I use the sx os installer... so far the error only happens once in a while and it isn't a big deal rebooting but if it gets any worse I may try what you suggest. Appreciate the advice, have a good one!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Funny bone is the name of a chocolate and peanut butter cake :P