Hacking Error Code: 2144-0001 with SX OS 1.2

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has received error code 2144-0001? I was playing Harvest Moon Light of Hope, closed out the game, left switch in sleep mode for about an hour and when I picked it back up and tried to enter the Album I was thrown onto the black screen with the error code which forced me to restart the switch. I've since tried the album and loaded up a game and everything seems fine now, does anyone know why I got this error? I've never done any other modification to the switch (Only SX OS with autoRCM) and I 've never been online since I used SX OS (Always in Airplane). I'm trying my best not to get banned and I'm patiently waiting for a way to update my games with something like emuNAND so I'm assuming I would want to remain offline especially now since I got this error code? Thanks.

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has received error code 2144-0001? I was playing Harvest Moon Light of Hope, closed out the game, left switch in sleep mode for about an hour and when I picked it back up and tried to enter the Album I was thrown onto the black screen with the error code which forced me to restart the switch. I've since tried the album and loaded up a game and everything seems fine now, does anyone know why I got this error? I've never done any other modification to the switch (Only SX OS with autoRCM) and I 've never been online since I used SX OS (Always in Airplane). I'm trying my best not to get banned and I'm patiently waiting for a way to update my games with something like emuNAND so I'm assuming I would want to remain offline especially now since I got this error code? Thanks.
Pictures please you could be another troll saying the SX os bricked your device. Second is it a black or purple screen and does the device still boot and such? Any other info would be helpful. Also have you googled switch error codes?

Last edited by Twisted_sins,

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pictures please you could be another troll saying the SX os bricked your device. Second is it a black or purple screen and does the device still boot and such? Any other info would be helpful. Also have you googled switch error codes?
IMG_3152.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Firstly I'm not a troll, ain't nobody got time for that. Second is it a black screen, see picture above. The device still boots and such as mentioned in my original post, I can load games, etc. I have googled the error code and haven't really found anything which is why I decided to make a post. In regards to other info ask all you want, I forgot to mention I am on firmware 5.1.0.

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well good news is it doesn't look like a brick. Have you tried removing the game and installing it again? Does everything else work? And finally Do you have backups of your orig. switch files to reflash everything back to it's origanl state?

Thanks made this before I read the second post. I would try removing all the game data and starting over again. Might be able to back up your saves and keep those.

And also was just making sure you aren't one of them, I have no idea who you are or anything like that and I've seen trolls all over trying to scare people but when you ask them for a pic of the error they give some reason like oh I sent it to Nintendo and they fixed it or my friend removed the chip and hacked it so it works now or they just stop replying

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well good news is it doesn't look like a brick. Have you tried removing the game and installing it again? Does everything else work? And finally Do you have backups of your orig. switch files to reflash everything back to it's origanl state?

Well I know it isn't a brick since I was able to get back in and everything seems normal. I don't know what you mean by install.. I just load XCI files via SD card. Everything is working as usual, I'm just looking to see if this error has happened to anyone else...

I rather not do anything at this point as it may have been a fluke or an issue with the SX OS code which they may be aware. If anyone has received this error let us know how it happened, maybe there is some common denominator,

Last edited by SaggyBeans,

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know it isn't a brick since I was able to get back in and everything seems normal. I don't know what you mean by install.. I just load XCI files via SD card. Everything is working as usual, I'm just looking to see if this error has happened to anyone else...

What I am asking is have you tried to delete the game files that the error is happing for and put them back on the SD card if it's still giving it. https://www.nintendo.com.au/help/switch-error-codes

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I am asking is have you tried to delete the game files that the error is happing for and put them back on the SD card if it's still giving it. It looks like a title ID error by it's string

I got this error when I pressed on the album so I can't say if it's any individual game causing the problem. I don't really have anything other than the xci(s) and boot on my sd card so I can try to delete and re-copy everything back to see if it makes a difference but I've opened and closed the album many times since and I can't re-produce the error.. I'm tempted to wait and see if it comes back or not first.

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just wait then, but if you do get it again, stop and write down everything that happened up to the error, the more error codes we can figure out the better we can all understand what's happening leading to better patch fixes on cfw

Reactions: SaggyBeans

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a problem with libnx which is in sx os. This has happened to me and other people multiple times. It is caused only in docked mode. To fix it just launch the album in handheld mode and mount the game you want then put your switch in docked mode and load the game from the switch homemenu.

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would just wait then, but if you do get it again, stop and write down everything that happened up to the error, the more error codes we can figure out the better we can all understand what's happening leading to better patch fixes on cfw

Will do, if I see this error again I will post back here. If anyone else gets this error please do the same.

This is a problem with libnx which is in sx os. This has happened to me and other people multiple times. It is caused only in docked mode. To fix it just launch the album in handheld mode and mount the game you want then put your switch in docked mode and load the game from the switch homemenu.

I have never played my switch in docked mode, only handheld.. my dock is still in the box lol

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do, if I see this error again I will post back here. If anyone else gets this error please do the same.

I have never played my switch in docked mode, only handheld.. my dock is still in the box lol
Weird... The other cause I have heard of is a badly formatted SD card. Try reformating it...

Straw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
From what i read here, that is a common error when accessing album w/ sd card even even ofw switch (not been hacked) still get this error.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got this error twice so far on SX while in handheld mode also, but when launching a backup, not from the album menu. I'm not 100% sure if it was the same number but the same message showed up.

EDIT: Looking up it seems my error code was 2162-0002, but it had the same message and effect. Probably those are common crash erros

Last edited by lukhart,

Wanderish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I got this error 2 times, always used SX OS offline with "send data" disabled and without updating any game.
Today I decided to connect back to OFW to see if I got banned and so far no. I didn't use the clear logs thingy neither. So I'm not sure if I'm safe, but just wanted to let you know I got this error 2 times and I'm still not banned.

Last edited by Wanderish,

Raikkonen94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks for the clarification, I had the same issue when trying to access the album in docked mode. It's always reassuring to know that you're not the only one, haha. Hopefully TX will fix this in a future update.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only had this issue when trying to boot a game after loading it in the album... odd. It was doom and I noticed that the game ended up not transferring all the way, so I just recopied it over and I've never had the error again. Even in docked mode with what everyone else is saying. So try, yes this is going to be a pain, backing up your sd card and formatting it again? Or try another sd card? Are you using FAT32 or Exfat?

Reactions: M7L7NK7

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Bad cheap media that's why your switch is throwing out an error, your either using a dupe or something really cheap and nasty! whatever you do don't use the same micro sd card to go online with your games. What are you using out of curiosity and the truth please?

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm