Hacking Error Code: 2144-0001 with SX OS 1.2

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't think it is libnx. It is caused by layeredfs/fs_mitm, have had it happen a few times after playing some games. Latest commit on github works pretty well though, you'll have to wait for TX to pull it and add their couple lines in it.

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bad cheap media that's why your switch is throwing out an error, your either using a dupe or something really cheap and nasty! whatever you do don't use the same micro sd card to go online with your games. What are you using out of curiosity and the truth please?

I'm using a brand new official SanDisk 128GB 100MBps card I bought from BestBuy so I highly doubt your theory is correct, no offense.

Wanderish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Don't think it is libnx. It is caused by layeredfs/fs_mitm, have had it happen a few times after playing some games. Latest commit on github works pretty well though, you'll have to wait for TX to pull it and add their couple lines in it.
I use SX OS only and also got that error

PeterGemp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a brand new official SanDisk 128GB 100MBps card I bought from BestBuy so I highly doubt your theory is correct, no offense.

I am sorry to digress from the topic at hand, but why would you think the fact that your microSD card is brand new and from a reputable company would prevent errors from occuring?
Especially in an environment that is currently very unstable?

I know that the original allegation was about the quality of your medium, but I thought I'd just mention it for your consideration...

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Trust me bud there are a lot of cards like these such as san disc that are sold and are not the genuine genuine article, it may say san disc ultra but if you check on your packaging depending on where that san disc is made makes all the difference! I used to by "genuine" cards from mymemory but all these cards sold by them are second rate badly made media and would have faults or either lock up within a month of purchase but if I bought the same make from say PCWorld it would never go wrong infact I buy all my media now from PCWorld is scares me buying media of the internet because you never know what you might get ie made in Taiwan etc.. also it is a known fact badly made media can flag a ban using roms, it was known to do it back in the gateway 3ds rom day, it can pull a simple quick error playing the game and be sent back to Nintendo and in turn they will know looking at that error reported your using a back up instant ban! if the media you bought from "bestbuy" was a cheap deal then that's your problem you pay for what you get in life and looking at bestbuy products I'm betting it was dirt cheap?

Last edited by Reecey,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trust me bud there are a lot of cards like these such as san disc that are sold and are not the genuine genuine article, it may say san disc ultra but if you check on your packaging depending on where that san disc is made makes all the difference! I used to by "genuine" cards from mymemory but all these cards sold by them are second rate badly made media and would have faults or either lock up within a month of purchase but if I bought the same make from say PCWorld it would never go wrong infact I buy all my media now from PCWorld is scares me buying media of the internet because you never know what you might get ie made in Taiwan etc.. also it is a known fact badly made media can flag a ban using roms, it was known to do it back in the gateway 3ds rom day, it can pull a simple quick error playing the game and be sent back to Nintendo and in turn they will know looking at that error reported your using a back up instant ban! if the media you bought from "bestbuy" was a cheap deal then that's your problem you pay for what you get in life and looking at bestbuy products I'm betting it was dirt cheap?
I feel like cheap media has caused you great pain and sorrow. Allow me to collect your tears to feed on.

Seriously though, cheap media can cause a lot of headaches but I do not believe that's the problem here. Feel like you're irritated, that post is missing a lot of punctuation and shit.

vhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bad cheap media that's why your switch is throwing out an error,

your either using a dupe or something really cheap and nasty! whatever you do don't use the same micro sd card to go online with your games. What are you using out of curiosity and the truth please?

This is incorrect its happened to me using my 128gb sandisk. Its official from their official amazon store so definetly not cheap and nasty. This has happened so far in docked and handheld mode and happens with my 64gb sandisk too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073JYC4XM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is my card and the link i bought from. It's due to the software still being early in development and will be fixed.

Reactions: SaggyBeans

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like cheap media has caused you great pain and sorrow. Allow me to collect your tears to feed on.

Seriously though, cheap media can cause a lot of headaches but I do not believe that's the problem here. Feel like you're irritated, that post is missing a lot of punctuation and shit.
Sorry I was trying to reply on my iPhone and that can be very irritating when typing out a comment I wasn’t upset but I have had some bad experiences with ordering media online. Just as an example my second replacement san disc ultra from my memory that went faulty again I just went down to pcworld in frustration asap and bought the same card but on the back I noticed that it was manufactured in Dublin the other from my memory had Taiwan on the back so that’s my point and the pcworld memory card still works perfect 4 years later on the other two didn’t even last 2 months before they both locked up putting 3ds roms on.

Last edited by Reecey,

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Aaand just got the error again. It's not the same code, but it happens randomly while booting a game or opening the launcher on SX.

I first loaded YS VIII through the album, then when I went to boot it a error appeared saying that "the game couldn't be launched" or something. After that I clicked in the album launcher again and this error showed up. Last time this happened I tried to click the game icon again and the same error occurred.

Third time it has happened so far (1 week using SX). Not a big deal but I hope it gets fixed in the next update.
IMG_20180702_155130167.jpg

D

Deleted User

I think it's an error with your microsd, like a XCI sector could not be read. Never had this error before with Sandisk 128GB.

Reactions: Darth Meteos

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's an error with your microsd, like a XCI sector could not be read. Never had this error before with Sandisk 128GB.
I'm using SanDisk 128gb too and it's legit. I believe it could be a format issue or the amount of files I've placed? Or maybe it's another problem.

I've contacted them and if I get a reply I'll post here.

Btw, how many backups do you have on the card and how it's your cluster size? Also, have you renamed them?

EDIT: https://en-americas-support.nintend...id/48739/~/error-code:-2162-0002/comment/6348
Found this with a quick search. Seems like a random crashing error that has happened since NSW launch. Oh well, hope my switch doesn't break.

Last edited by lukhart,
D

Deleted User

I'm using SanDisk 128gb too and it's legit. I believe it could be a format issue or the amount of files I've placed? Or maybe it's another problem.

I've contacted them and if I get a reply I'll post here.

Btw, how many backups do you have on the card and how it's your cluster size? Also, have you renamed them?

EDIT: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/48739/~/error-code:-2162-0002/comment/6348
Found this with a quick search. Seems like a random crashing error that has happened since NSW launch. Oh well, hope my switch doesn't break.

I formatted with exFAT (standard format in Windows) and copy XCI files one by one. Parallel copy creates fragmented files, and it looks like SX OS can't handle that very well.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I formatted with exFAT (standard format in Windows) and copy XCI files one by one. Parallel copy creates fragmented files, and it looks like SX OS can't handle that very well.
It might have done multiple copies with some files. I'll format it sometime later and see if it fixes

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has received error code 2144-0001? I was playing Harvest Moon Light of Hope, closed out the game, left switch in sleep mode for about an hour and when I picked it back up and tried to enter the Album I was thrown onto the black screen with the error code which forced me to restart the switch. I've since tried the album and loaded up a game and everything seems fine now, does anyone know why I got this error? I've never done any other modification to the switch (Only SX OS with autoRCM) and I 've never been online since I used SX OS (Always in Airplane). I'm trying my best not to get banned and I'm patiently waiting for a way to update my games with something like emuNAND so I'm assuming I would want to remain offline especially now since I got this error code? Thanks.
assume that you're breaking the TOS and stop being scared about ban, also an EmuNAND won't stop a ban

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got this error 2 times, always used SX OS offline with "send data" disabled and without updating any game.
Today I decided to connect back to OFW to see if I got banned and so far no. I didn't use the clear logs thingy neither. So I'm not sure if I'm safe, but just wanted to let you know I got this error 2 times and I'm still not banned.
Just use Homebrew can flags you, you're breaking TOS(unathorized software & cartridge emulation) and you have to accept and assume a ban

Reactions: SaggyBeans

Spoderman80s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got the same error like 3 times since I have the SX OS, always occurring when I try to access my album. Im curious as to why it is happening but right now, I just close and restart the switch and its working fine. I also use a San Disk 128gb and my switch is not connected to the internet (WiFi is turned off) and the mac address of my switch is blocked on my network.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
assume that you're breaking the TOS and stop being scared about ban, also an EmuNAND won't stop a ban

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just use Homebrew can flags you, you're breaking TOS(unathorized software & cartridge emulation) and you have to accept and assume a ban
Thanks for the tip, Reggie. Please go easy on me when you're back at banning people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol