ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello.
When I use my 3DS, games frequently crash giving me a screen stating 'An error has occured (ErrDisp)' and 'Error code: 0xd900458b. I've tried to solve the problem through a lot of different method, without results. What does the error mean and how can it be solved?
Thanks in advance.
20180413_160013.jpg

Last edited by ArviDroid,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello.
When I use my 3DS, games frequently crash giving me a screen stating 'An error has occured (ErrDisp)' and 'Error code: 0xd900458b. I've tried to solve the problem through a lot of different method, without results. What does the error mean and how can it be solved?
Thanks in advance.
View attachment 120421
Could be a bad or corrupted SD card, where did you buy it?

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What game did this error appear on?
The error appears on multiple games, but in this instance on Kingdom Hearts.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I
Could be a bad or corrupted SD card, where did you buy it?
Can't seem to remember which site, but it was bought from a well known company.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The error appears on multiple games, but in this instance on Kingdom Hearts.

I

Can't seem to remember which site, but it was bought from a well known company.
Try running Check Disk on it.
Could be a bad dump too. Did you get the games from NUS (using FreeShop, FunkyCIA etc) or elsewhere?

Reactions: ArviDroid

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The error coresponds to invalid Romfs or savedata hash. It could be a corrupted sd card, or it could be files on the sd card itself...
I've thought about this and I've formatted my SD card and pasted back my files. If anything there's corrupted files on the SD card but I don't know how to determine which one(s).

Try running Check Disk on it.
I should mention that windows stopped working twice while moving files with the sd card a long time ago. Maybe some files got corrupted then?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've thought about this and I've formatted my SD card and pasted back my files. If anything there's corrupted files on the SD card but I don't know how to determine which one(s).

I should mention that windows stopped working twice while moving files with the sd card a long time ago. Maybe some files got corrupted then?
copy everything off the SD card, make backups of your save games and extdata with Checkpoint and copy them off,
format the SD card and test it with https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Maybe redownloading the games from FreeShop would help.
Also I assume you're on the latest Luma and firmware version?
I've redownloaded the games with the error. For some games the error always appear at a certain time and by redownloading I can get past the error. The problem is that it'll appear somewhere else/ randomly as I play instead... Yes, I have the latest luma.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've redownloaded the games with the error. For some games the error always appear at a certain time and by redownloading I can get past the error. The problem is that it'll appear somewhere else/ randomly as I play instead... Yes, I have the latest luma.
Running h2testw like Hunter said might be a good idea then. But run Check Disk first.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Running h2testw like Hunter said might be a good idea then. But run Check Disk first.
Check disk said that there was nothing wrong!

copy everything off the SD card, make backups of your save games and extdata with Checkpoint and copy them off,
format the SD card and test it with https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539
Do you mean I should try this to test if the sd card is damaged?

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What chip because I'm having this error now
Don't remember which one, just press them all down. However, I'm not sure if you should try it, since I've become pretty sure that it didn't actually solve anything. (I've been getting errors still.)

atotalloser

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you have any clue on a fix for it?
I can't find anything about a fix anywhere, my only guess is that it has to do with the SD card

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
do you have any clue on a fix for it?
I can't find anything about a fix anywhere, my only guess is that it has to do with the SD card
I can't think of any other culprit than the SD card at this point. Windows has warned many times that the SD card was damaged and then has repaired(?) it. Also, I've formatted it, without the problem being resolved; perhaps a corruption can't always be resolved by formatting?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-