Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
If they are not already logging that information, they can easily add it in the next firmware update. It all depends on how badly Nintendo wants to stop piracy.
Lets not give them any ideas ;)

But you're right, it seems possible. I don't see how we'll be completely safe. But it seems that, for now, public headers are a no no.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just seems silly to sit here and debate on "how do we know, how was it confirmed". We do what we can with whatever information is provided and thats it because Nintendo isn't going to flatout tell anybody how its done. Just..........silly..............

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So you steal from Nintendo and feel entitled to play online using their servers and bandwidth that they pay for?
I don't steal* and don't do online. Try again.

Having said that, it's so little bandwidth and processing power it's barely even worth counting.

* If you do want to consider it stealing, the damage they suffer is minuscule compared to what they cause in promoting eternal copyrights and stopping derivative works. As I've said before, fuck big IP companies, they could burn in hell for all I care.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I think that was a mistake. I think I remember reading that report and then him fixing it. Can SuperSVGA come here and clarify?

Edit: He said this

I'm assuming there was a mistake.

I found his banning suspect as soon as he said it worked on other emuNAND's. Other users have reported trying such measures w/o success. For his banning to behave differently than everyone else's is kind of hard to believe. I'm more inclined to think his "banned" emuNAND has borked internet settings or something.

It's be nice to hear what his results are now, but he's not exactly a frequent poster. I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but something seems off w/ his "ban".

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Yeah there's something up with it. I think if and when they start banning CIAs, we'll know because there will be quite a few reports.

98 pages and I'm guessing the final line is - if you're pirating/stealing - don't go online?
If you wanna go online use private headers. May still not be 100% safe, we're not sure. But so far 100% of reported bans (with the exception of one, which may be a false alarm) used public headers.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm glad I have always used my private header. Well to be honest I have used a public header one time only, but it was about 2 month ago and for less than 2 hours, I hope they didn't log me or something.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I recently changed all my online games to use a private header from a retail cart I bought new a few months ago. Took a while to make sure the current saves worked with the new header (esp. for card1 games), but I feel a tad safer now than using a public header everyone got from GBATemp. Also confirmed my online status, everything works fine (friend list, Pokemon, etc...).

We don't really know how to avoid bans, but for people new to this thread, definitely go private as a precaution anyway. It can't hurt.

AlexaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So the new Zelda EU is out but i have US 3ds, already download it. But now I'm not sure if I should convert it to cia. I'm self-banning until this shit goes away

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my kids 2ds just died any one want to sell me a banned system cheap? she never plays online

If it ceases to function, that's not a ban (might be a brick or hardware failure?). If you go to the friends list and you get error code 002-0102, it may be banned.

Edit: Nevermind, misread your post.

Radxical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think it's safe to use the same header for all of my games? If Nintendo bans people when two or more instances of the same header show up simultaneously, then it should be fine?

I suppose I don't mind just buying the actual game IF I want to play online. I just don't have a way to extract headers on 9.5 ;_;

pokeking

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah there's something up with it. I think if and when they start banning CIAs, we'll know because there will be quite a few reports.

If you wanna go online use private headers. May still not be 100% safe, we're not sure. But so far 100% of reported bans (with the exception of one, which may be a false alarm) used public headers.

Is anyone baned because of using cia or private headers ?

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
So has anyone been banned after using their own unique header injected from a legit game yet..?

Edit: Ignore my question, answered above!

Radxical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone been banned after using their own unique header injected from a legit game yet..?

Edit: Ignore my question, answered above!
I mean, I think private headers are definitely safer than public ones. The "banned" guy earlier claimed that he used a private header and was banned despite it. I think it should be dismissed as fear mongering though, but who knows? I don't see it on the ban list anymore, so maybe it's nothing to worry about.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm still trying to figure out where do GW users get public headers.....sky3ds has the template on there site so........

Don't know if it's already been answered?
Gateway users can get public headers with Gateway Rom Patcher, it has an option to use public headers, it also can generate a matching chip ID.

testing3.png

Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny