Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Shit's getting serious
My New3DS appears to be banned. Error 002-0102 with al my original games with online.

Previously I used a Sky3DS in firmware 9.4 with roms with public header.
Can you fill out the form?
Code:
What flashcard were you using (Gateway or Sky3DS):

What game were you playing:

What was your sysNAND firmware version when playing:

What was your emuNAND firmware version when playing:

Were you using a .CIA or a .3DZ:

If you were using a .3DZ file, from what game was the header you were you using:
If you were using a .3DZ file, was the header public or private:

Can you visit other online Nintendo services such as eShop and Miiverse:

Does that ban apply to just that game or every online game you try:

Additional info:

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
My New3DS appears to be banned. Error 002-0102 with al my original games with online.

ouch that sucks that they ban a new 3ds, well it seems this is their countermeasure to sky3ds from nintendo at the moment

kirillre4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, any retail game can be used for its private header. If the size isn't correct for the target game, the Gateway ROM patcher will fix the header data to be correct automatically. Assuming you are using a Gateway and not Sky3DS, anyway.
Thank you. I wasn't sure, if patcher was able to change size data in header for bigger ROMs than original card.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ouch that sucks that they ban a new 3ds, well it seems this is their countermeasure to sky3ds from nintendo at the moment
A fairly effective one at that, given that a lot of people choose Sky3DS for it's "plug and play" nature. Those same people are paying the price for convenience now. :(

Reactions: MrJason005

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

So yeah another public header + Sky 3ds ban. Seems only sky users are getting those bans for now at least.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fairly effective one at that, given that a lot of people choose Sky3DS for it's "plug and play" nature. Those same people are paying the price for convenience now. :(

Come on now......its actually looking more like the issue is the use of there headers, how many users around the world are using them? Private headers seem to be the "SAFETY PRECAUTION".

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It will be a shame to see Limited Editon Majora's Mask XLs end up on the ban list from Sky3DS users using public headers. I am not going to play anything other than my own carts (and close friend's as they do not have flashcarts) to avoid having mine banned from public or shared headers from carts that were purchased used.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country

indeed a pretty good one, they are going to play games but not with other ppl online, well it seems that the countermeasure is because they found out which headers are public and gateway or sky3ds users are the same for the hammer

Reactions: MrJason005

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So yeah another public header + Sky 3ds ban. Seems only sky users are getting those bans for now at least.
Nah there are a number of Gateway bans on the list too. All using public headers like most Sky3DS users, though. Take the extra time to change any game you play online to private headers, guys. You'll save yourself some heartache.

JmJCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shit's getting serious

Can you fill out the form?

[...]

Additional info:

Of course

What flashcard were you using (Gateway or Sky3DS):

Sky3DS

What game were you playing:

I think that the first game I saw the error, was Fantasy Life. Not sure.

What was your sysNAND firmware version when playing:

v9.4 (original firm)

What was your emuNAND firmware version when playing:

v9.4 (original firm)

Were you using a .CIA or a .3DZ:

I was using a .3ds with public header.

If you were using a .3DZ file, from what game was the header you were you using:
If you were using a .3DZ file, was the header public or private:

Can you visit other online Nintendo services such as eShop and Miiverse:

Yes, eShop and Miiverse works fine.

Does that ban apply to just that game or every online game you try:

Other original games (Bravely Default for example) doesn't work.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That or they're just detecting headers when you connect to online features in games. Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody who has only used public headers to play ROMs offline (while still leaving wifi on) has been banned yet.
Then the other question becomes: do they only read headers when you first connect to determine if there's already someone else out there playing with a duplicate header? Or are they constantly scanning for duplicate headers across the region/world?

Im not sure, but I think I saw someone report that he got banned by using his private header so my guess is they found another way to detect backups/roms. Im just spit balling here but maybe they implemented an algorithm to see if the 3ds is using a game card or a ROM. Maybe thats why they didnt ban anyone using .cia files... I know there are a lot of maybes, but it only takes just a spark ;)

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Im not sure, but I think I saw someone report that he got banned by using his private header so my guess is they found another way to detect backups/roms. Im just spit balling here but maybe they implemented an algorithm to see if the 3ds is using a game card or a ROM. Maybe thats why they didnt ban anyone using .cia files... I know there are a lot of maybes, but it only takes just a spark ;)
I think he changed his internet settings and got it fixed

Reactions: Xzi and Lordjontan

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ah so gateway users reported a ban too, sorry didn't see that. So I think what we need to confirm the most now are private headers and if the file being in .cia format affects anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.