Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I own a Sky3DS and I know the gateway is a better card so I'm not biased but people need to stop saying "it's gonna be patched in 9.x and 10.x" because they've been saying that ever since the SkY3DS came out and nothing has happened.
Yes, it hasn't happened. That doesn't mean it's NOT going to happen either. There's no way of telling either way, and it is at a constant risk of being patched (especially since 3ds hackers have said it is detectable). It may not happen the next patch, it may not happen the one after that, and it may indeed never happen, but there's no way of knowing until it does happen, and at that point it's too late.

Vaporeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ehiles.iweb.bsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
most online ready roms have public headers so both gateway and sky3ds is a bit sketchy right now.

A lot of Gateway users use public headers from dling "online patched" copies or choosing the "public headers" option when patching it for online. For many users its easier to do things this way because it can be done more easily and quickly. Heck a lot of these DL forums don't really give warnings about the headers either.
So sometimes people don't know that using those headers can leave you at risk (especially now with the banning).

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
There's been only one person who reportedly got banned using CIAs. But he said he had been using 3DZ with public headers just 5 or so days before. That's too short of a time span to blame CIA use for his ban. Nintendo probably detected his console's illegal header use and it just took them a week to have the ban implemented. So he only thinks that CIAs did him in, but it was the 3DS files he used before that actually did. ;)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of Gateway users use public headers from dling "online patched" copies or choosing the "public headers" option when patching it for online. For many users its easier to do things this way because it can be done more easily and quickly. Heck a lot of these DL forums don't really give warnings about the headers either.
So sometimes people don't know that using those headers can leave you at risk (especially now with the banning).

I will have to disagree on what you said about forums putting precaution signs up. Thats for the user to understand what they are for and how it works. Even the tutorial section here gets bypassed and it DOES have a wealth of information. There's a reason why there are guides on how to get your own headers and how to apply them. If you feel the need to just use whats already easily available than you made that decision your own.

D

Deleted-355425

Doesn't it just let you not even connect if you try to go online with no header?

i see your point but what is stopping them checking headers on games you are playing 'offline' with your wifi switched on?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I'm going to really quickly explain my situation. From my standpoint I feel like I'm safe but I'd like some input.

I got the Gateway soon after Ultra 3.0.1 came out. So less than a month. Lets say I got it on the 16th or so. Since then I only played three games (although I had many more sitting on my gateway SD card)

I played Shovel Knight as a .cia
Super Mario 3D Land as a .3ds
And Super Smash Bros 4 as a .3dz using a private header that I ripped from my copy of Bravely Default (I also used that header on Fantasy Life.3dz but I never played it yet)

I also used playcoinsetter, bigbluemenu, and apps like that.

It seems that the only issue here for me would be Smash Bros 4, but I never played it online and I actually got bored of the game really quickly so I played it for maybe 30 minutes before deleting it.

After reading this thread I deleted all the .3ds files that I downloaded and am getting .cia copies of games instead. Should I be safe?

G-STAR01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So private header would be safe ?

There's currently no reports of users with private headers getting banned but we can't say whether or not it is safe but what we can say is that it would be a lot better if you're using private headers (or.cia) as opposed to public headers.

I'm going to really quickly explain my situation. From my standpoint I feel like I'm safe but I'd like some input.

I got the Gateway soon after Ultra 3.0.1 came out. So less than a month. Lets say I got it on the 16th or so. Since then I only played three games (although I had many more sitting on my gateway SD card)

I played Shovel Knight as a .cia
Super Mario 3D Land as a .3ds
And Super Smash Bros 4 as a .3dz using a private header that I ripped from my copy of Bravely Default (I also used that header on Fantasy Life.3dz but I never played it yet)

I also used playcoinsetter, bigbluemenu, and apps like that.

It seems that the only issue here for me would be Smash Bros 4, but I never played it online and I actually got bored of the game really quickly so I played it for maybe 30 minutes before deleting it.

After reading this thread I deleted all the .3ds files that I downloaded and am getting .cia copies of games instead. Should I be safe?

As I said to the user above, we can't guarantee any one as being safe but the best precautions so far are either private headers or .cia. You didn't need to delete your .3ds roms.

Reactions: MrJason005

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
It just ocurred to me. Any chance of Ninty being able to see the system's + game's region and banning through there?

A lot of people use Region Free patched games and what not. Stuff like that. It could also be a pointer

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
As I said to the user above, we can't guarantee any one as being safe but the best precautions so far are either private headers or .cia. You didn't need to delete your .3ds roms.
I know, I just figured if I was going the .cia route I may as well go all out and switch all my games to it. Assuming it's more safe than .3dz

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It just ocurred to me. Any chance of Ninty being able to see the system's + game's region and banning through there?

A lot of people use Region Free patched games and what not. Stuff like that. It could also be a pointer
well seeing as most people are being banned with sky3ds, which is fairly limited with its online region free capabilities, but not only that non-flashcard users would probably re reporting bannings as well

Reactions: Phantom_User

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People need to stop asking "am I safe?" or "will I be safe?", no one knows. For all we know, Nintendo has some other way of detecting who has been pirating games. Obviously if they see you playing a headerless CIA and find out that your NNID has no license to that game, something could be flagged.

This whole thread is just speculation other than the fact that some people using public headers (which is MOST GW and Sky3DS users) got banned. There is absolutely no way of knowing if you're safe or not until we get some more detailed information, which probably won't happen any time soon. I've been playing my retail carts in classic mode and I don't even feel safe.

NO ONE knows if you're safe or not, just wait it out and see.

Reactions: MrJason005

G-STAR01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know, I just figured if I was going the .cia route I may as well go all out and switch all my games to it. Assuming it's more safe than .3dz

Atm there's no indications of it being safer than .3dz with private header but you should go with whichever you prefer.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
People need to stop asking "am I safe?" or "will I be safe?", no one knows. For all we know, Nintendo has some other way of detecting who has been pirating games. Obviously if they see you playing a headerless CIA and find out that your NNID has no license to that game, something could be flagged.

This whole thread is just speculation other than the fact that some people using public headers (which is MOST GW and Sky3DS users) got banned. There is absolutely no way of knowing if you're safe or not until we get some more detailed information, which probably won't happen any time soon. I've been playing my retail carts in classic mode and I don't even feel safe.

NO ONE knows if you're safe or not, just wait it out and see.
Sorry about that if it was directed at me. I was more asking for an opinion than concrete knowledge. Because it looks like so far we're all over the place. But from what I read (I read nearly everything) it seems like there's a pattern behind people being banned. I just wonder how long it'll be before this expands into something big.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry about that if it was directed at me. I was more asking for an opinion than concrete knowledge. Because it looks like so far we're all over the place. But from what I read (I read nearly everything) it seems like there's a pattern behind people being banned. I just wonder how long it'll be before this expands into something big.

It wasn't necessarily directed at you, but everyone that keeps asking the same question. It seems like on every page there is someone asking the same question about them being safe. Sorry if it felt that way, it was more of a PSA that no one knows if anyone is safe.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Got it. It just looks like the pattern is .3dz with public headers are in trouble. Which affects most Sky users which is a scary thought And the guy from the other forum who was banned while using .cia was using .3dz files with public headers in the past, indicating they Nintendo was tracking this for a while.

I wonder if this is a 9.5 thing or not...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh