Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but if the emunand and sysnand are unlinked he shouldnt have to worry.
This seems like the best way to go about avoiding any real damage a ban can deliver. So whether this thread is indicative of a larger trend to come or not, I'd suggest everyone using Gateway unlink emuNAND from sysNAND if you want to play online.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
basically if they are linked, whatever you do on one nand carries to the other e.g. you have a red theme on sysnand, the same theme appears on emunand
also, unlinking fixes the gift wrap bug
Then maybe I am unlinked? Though I dunno how because I didn't do anything special. Because I certainly don't have a theme on sysNAND (because it's 4.2) but even when it was 9.2 there was no theme on it. But I always had a theme for emuNAND.

Edit: Maybe I am somehow unlinked because I never got the gift wrap bug.

Also I asked earlier where .cia files save to. The root of the SD card?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
basically if they are linked, whatever you do on one nand carries to the other e.g. you have a red theme on sysnand, the same theme appears on emunand
also, unlinking fixes the gift wrap bug

Yup, I had the bug too and unlinking them fixed it.
This seems like the best way to go about avoiding any real damage a ban can deliver. So whether this thread is indicative of a larger trend to come or not, I'd suggest everyone using Gateway unlink emuNAND from sysNAND if you want to play online.

You can always make multiple emunand images before you use one just in case ;)

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting communication errors in smash bros and MK7. Smash bros will freeze and MK7 will say communication error right before the game starts. I only use cia. Honestly I think the servers are just slow right now.

Yeah I was able to connect and spectate a race just now. I think the Nintendo servers are probably just being slow.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So since my emuNAND has a theme and sysNAND doesn't and that I don't get the gift wrap bug is it safe to assume that I'm unlinked?

Actually no, because if you downgraded the 4.x systems does not have themes. The best way to check is to change something in the settings, like make a bogus connection caled "test1234" the enter emunand, and if you see the bogus connection made in emunand that means your sysnand and emunand are linked.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
According to this mine are linked but I never got any unwrapping bugs, I can also access the eshop, my themes stay and I can even open data managament without my .cia files getting deleted. Should I still consider unlinking them?

I never had that problem myself even if later on I unlinked them. There's barely any downsides to unlinking them. But it's up to each person to decide what's better for them.

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I download my roms from somewhere that has all the roms there online patched, does that mean I'm sharing a public header for the roms I downloaded? :(

Also, will I have the same friend code and stuff if I unlink emunand and sysnand? Will I be able to access NNID on both?

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I seem to be getting this error code. I can't find any information about it, the nintendo page says just try later. Every game I try to access online says cannot access online services. I've rebooted my router and tested connection ( successful ) I'm on 9.5 emunand with the latest launcher. I can access eShop fine. Is it possible I've been banned?

Okay, spoke to nintendo. It's definitely a ban. I don't know how long for and what for, maybe they're starting to crackdown as I use a lot of public headers instead of my own. So beware I guess. Told I will have the full reasons within 5 days.
And, so it finally begins......tried to tell ya.

aCot+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I download my roms from somewhere that has all the roms there online patched, does that mean I'm sharing a public header for the roms I downloaded? :(

It's very unlikely that they will have any headers at all. There is a topic on this form where they have public headers. I honestly think you should just buy one NEW game and use that header for all your roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)