Hacking Error autobooting systemmenu! SetUID failed!

nickname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So a buddy of mine with the newest SoftMii, decided to update his wii. While it was in the process of updating he remembered I told him NO UPDATES, so he ran over and unplugged it.... BAD MOVE!

Ive got it back from him to diagnose but we've got some issues. When the system menu tries to load we get a "SetUID Failed". Obviously the system menu is corrupt. I've got the wad here ready to go and want to install it with wad manager. However, It appears that my wiimotes decide to not sync up once I have launched Wad Manager from HBC. I've tried using an Autoboot Wad Manager ISO, and even using the Twilight Hack to load the app, but I lose wiimote syncing every time its launched.

And of course, with my luck, the GC controller isnt supported.

Any ideas? Is there a way I can do this better?

nickname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hahahaha yes. I've tried numerous things people have suggested... holding it for 5 seconds on the wii, some said 15 so i tried both...

I can get them to sync up no problem with HBC and if I use Gecko OS and load a disc, the games work, and the wiimotes sync... they just seem to stop working when I run an app... of course, just the apps that dont support wiimotes. grrrr

UPDATE:

FIX HERE!!!! http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=140...p;#entry1823157

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag