Hacking error 160-2713 external hard drive not enough power with y-cable

  • Thread starter Thread starter funnypoli
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,937
  • Replies Replies 6

funnypoli

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 28, 2016
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Trophies
0
Age
76
XP
93
Country
United States
I'm using a wd passport 1tb WDBYNN0010BBK-WESN drive with a y-cable to play wup installed games. It was working fine, then started getting error 160-2713, drive was disconnected or not getting enough power. I bought a new y-cable thinking that might be the issue but the problem persists. Then with the new y-cable, I even tried plugging in the usb 3.0 port into the wii u and the power usb cable to usb wall power adapter and still getting the same error.
 
Go to system settings, then go to data management and then do not touch any of the two options that appear there, instead hold down on the d-pad, and the + and - buttons on your wii u gamepad for a few seconds. A dialog should appear that let's you disable sleeeping mode for HDDs, that should fix your problem
 
I have the same error. Also tried everything else. What can I do now?
Post automatically merged:

I tried the exact same steps as the post creator and nothing worked for me either. Does anyone have a solution to the problem?
 
I have the same error.
You're saying you have the same error on threads with completely different issues... I mean I just replied to another thread where you say you used a flash drive and the data on it corrupted, beeing certain this is no power issue but now you say you used a (mechanical) hard drive and are getting brownouts... We can't help you when you fool us...
 
Last edited by V10lator,

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted