Error -1 when installing cIOSCORP

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Heartbeat, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Heartbeat
    OP

Heartbeat Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    I try to install cIOSCORP 3.6 for about 3 hours now, but it always gives me the following error as soon as I press A to start the installation:
    "Retrieving device contents, please wait...ERROR! (ret = -1)"

I'm using a Wii on 4.2E and followed a german tutorial called "SoftMii".
    I've also installed BootMii on boot2 and the usual stuff (HBC, NeoGamma, GeckoOS).

Any idea what's causing this error?

/edit - please delete this thread, it was my own stupidity - I did check everything but the acutal files on the SD card - one was missing.

2. Defiance

Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Terminus
    I have this same problem... Could someone please enlighten me? I'm pretty sure I have all of the files; if I don't, then I must have downloaded only part of it. (I have a folder with the dol, xml, and png files.)

Anyway, my SD card is formatted to FAT32 and I also have no discs/gamecube ports occupying the Wii, so if someone could help me, that would be great.

EDIT: Well, it turns out that I did not have all of the files. However, after I put them on the SD card, hit install in the cIOSCORP installer, it'll give me ERROR! (ret = -2013) for every part.. Ugh :/

EDIT2: Ok, so it turns out I needed to install the cIOS as the base of IOS38, and not 57. So, I am able to install cIOSCORP now, but now my Wii backups will not load in the disc channel! I have tried Wario Land: Shake it! (patched) and Animal Crossing:CF (Scrubbed). However, when I load Paper Mario: TYD (gamecube game), it loads in my disc channel and I am able to select it and play it! Any help on why the Wii backups will not work will be greatly appreciated!

3. kitt050383

kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    New Jersey
  4. Defiance

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Terminus
    Umm... If you read my latest edit it tells that I was able to get cIOSCORP installed, there are not error codes.. I just cannot run Wii backups; it will not show in the disc tray. I'm thinking it may be because I have two backups right now, one is scrubbed, and the other is patched. I'm not sure though if this is the cause though.

5. kitt050383

kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    New Jersey
    I think that I read somewhere that the new cios is not compatible with cioscorps!
    Try installing cios rev17 and reinstall cioscorps!

-kitt

6. Defiance

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Terminus
    Argh, that's a shame.. Should I uninstall cIOSCORP, install cIOS rev 17, and then reinstall cIOSCORP, or should I just install cIOS rev 17 and then reinstall cIOSCORP? Although I'll probably wait until a newer cIOSCORP is released.. I guess what I'm really wondering is if when I need to update cIOSCORP if I have to uninstall the previous version first.

Thanks for your help, btw.