nasty2857068

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Godammit i updated ma wii
frown.gif
so am i bricked or can i get a modchip to fix this ?

othelpa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The message is shown as the first image after turning ON...
Even the image with twelve gray quadrants is missing.
I think the erroor is displayed by a boot (alike Boot2) level application.

Baldwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi,
I also have a korean flashed to US set (it was cheaper and I thought I got a good deal), and updated to 4.2 when trying to access Wii Shop. Previously I updated to 4.1U without problems and as a consumer, and thinking I bought a legit set (no mods, no home-brew, and I only play legit original games), I could safely update, but it turns out otherwise. I just bought my wii a week ago, and now it is a brick.:(

I have since brought it back to the shop where I bought it, and the only assurance the shopowner could give me was to give them 1-2 weeks to figure out how to revivie it, be it going to the dark side if necessary. I respect IP, but it doesn't take a rocket scientise to figure out my next steps. :/

Morty464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Fu** you error 003 I've bought my wii a week ago but i have grantee that i can replace my wii with new wii BUT I THING GBATEMP MUST DO TOPIC ABOUT THE UPDATE AND WHAT WEE MUST DO
wink.gif

phantagom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are causing the 003 is it the system menu? How can it circumvented?

T-Rex said:
Dudes, use the retail games!!

Backup games are illegal.

Well in my country backups are legal, I have to right to make a backup if I own the original...

Morty464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
soo i have my new wii
biggrin.gif
but now i want to update what i have to do (I DOT WANT TO SEE ERROR 003)
smile.gif
)
(|_ O O |_)

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Baldwin said:
Hi,
I also have a korean flashed to US set (it was cheaper and I thought I got a good deal), and updated to 4.2 when trying to access Wii Shop. Previously I updated to 4.1U without problems and as a consumer, and thinking I bought a legit set (no mods, no home-brew, and I only play legit original games), I could safely update, but it turns out otherwise. I just bought my wii a week ago, and now it is a brick.
frown.gif

I have since brought it back to the shop where I bought it, and the only assurance the shopowner could give me was to give them 1-2 weeks to figure out how to revivie it, be it going to the dark side if necessary. I respect IP, but it doesn't take a rocket scientise to figure out my next steps. :/

LOL.. This is what you get for supporting originals.. ho hum...
rolleyes.gif

You can throw your Wii one side for now... it's irreversible at the moment...
yaypsp.gif

Wateva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can assure you guys, all 003 errors are from modified region wiis.. Jap to US and Kor to US.. Kor ones are the most affected ones.

Baldwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Bloodlust said:
Baldwin said:
Hi,
I also have a korean flashed to US set (it was cheaper and I thought I got a good deal), and updated to 4.2 when trying to access Wii Shop. Previously I updated to 4.1U without problems and as a consumer, and thinking I bought a legit set (no mods, no home-brew, and I only play legit original games), I could safely update, but it turns out otherwise. I just bought my wii a week ago, and now it is a brick.
frown.gif

LOL.. This is what you get for supporting originals.. ho hum...
rolleyes.gif

You can throw your Wii one side for now... it's irreversible at the moment...
yaypsp.gif

Yea, this gives me some time to spend on NGsigma2 and MUA2, not to mention NFS SHift (awesome game).
It's really a bummer, as I love light gun games and was so hooked on Ghost Squad and HOTD 2/3, then this brick got to happen...*sigh*
My last solution is to pass to my colleague going to China. The solution they proposed is to go Hard-mod which will revive my wii and allow bootlegs. Let's see what happens first in the next 1- 2 weeks.

phantagom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a region converted Wii and you update to 4.2 (also with wanikoko's update Need to be confirmed) then you will get a 003 Error.

"error:003 unauthorized device has been detected"

On most forums the 003 Error reports are coming from region converted korean Wii.

Lets find out why and how we can upgrade, for now it's not important, but in the future it can/will be. If this is the case then region converted owners are stuck on 4.1 for always... The new Shop channel v17 is safe to update on a region converted korean Wii, I tested it my self.

So how does ninty check you have a region converted Wii.

1. They do a serial number check? If not matches the region then brick.
2. The 4.2 upgrade checks for leftover IOS 4x (those IOS's are only for korean Wii) if you have then brick.
3, Check key store for Korean key?Most likely it will be this way. -> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183063

And what part of the upgrade does the check.

1. New boot2v4 dont think so, and this boot2v4 is already longer out
2. IOS70. The routine for the key check would be in here
3. System menu. Most likely the system menu calls the routine in IOS70 for the korean key check.

There are 3 ways to prevent this as I can think of.

1. Delete korean key from EEPROM. (cant be done I think, but would be the best way for now and future upgrades.)
2. Change the routine in IOS70 that is never reports the korean key.
3. Kill the check in SysMenu 4.2

Option one would be best, 2 and 3 are temp fixes and every upgrade they need to be patched again.

nasty2857068

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
so region converted wii are not gona play any new games which require the new ios ??

should i get an ntsc u wii or another region converted wii please advice guys

MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nasty2857068 said:
so region converted wii are not gona play any new games which require the new ios ??

should i get an ntsc u wii or another region converted wii please advice guys

Honestly you should probably try to pick up a ntsc u wii if you don't want this to happen again.

the Korean ---> region convert to USA wii will brick on this and probably any new update past 4.2 if you don't reset it back to a korean Wii (and leave it as a Korean Wii).

...well unless someone finds a way to stop the system menu, IOS, or whatever it is that does this check and causes Error 003. So far, no one's figured that out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw