Hacking Homebrew Error 003 4199 (help)

hagsmire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japanese 3ds and wanted to play Badge Arcade and Swapdoodle in english, so I used LumaLocaleSwitcher to change the region and language of the games to USA and english. I was happy to see that it had worked until I was unable to play Badge Arcade and my screen was displaying that an internet error had occurred (003 4199). I then moved on to Swapdoodle and did the SpotPass delivery check and received the same error. I checked eshop and it worked just fine.

When I searched the error 003 4199 to see if anyone had come across it before, no one as exactly sure what had caused it. I tried disconnecting from the internet and everything but I’m still having the same problem. I have a feeling it may have something to do with the region but I’m not too sure. Could anyone help?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I used LumaLocaleSwitcher to change the region and language of the games to USA and english
This will only work for games that already contain English text. Most of the time you have to install a separate title (i.e. a completely separate program) in order for that to work – and since you've region-changed your unit, there's no way for you to legitimately get the English title from the eShop.

I have the impression that messing with Badge Arcade has a high risk of triggering a ban.

I was happy to see that it had worked
Also I have no idea what this means. You were happy to see that it worked when it didn't work at all..?

Reactions: CoolMe

hagsmire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will only work for games that already contain English text. Most of the time you have to install a separate title (i.e. a completely separate program) in order for that to work – and since you've region-changed your unit, there's no way for you to legitimately get the English title from the eShop.

I have the impression that messing with Badge Arcade has a high risk of triggering a ban.

Also I have no idea what this means. You were happy to see that it worked when it didn't work at all..?
The region of the console itself was not changed. It was Japanese to begin with.

I was happy to see that LumaLocaleSwitcher had worked in changing the game’s region from the system default to USA…

I found the problem anyways. It had to do with the EULA of the region I changed it to. Just needed a EULA setter.

Reactions: Kwyjor and CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...