Hacking Error #001, unauthorized device has been detected. Need a fix asap

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In my case, I'm having trouble to get usb loader and wiiflow to start with the games plugged. Just cfg loader loads (and not always) and even after that, I can't start the games at all. The games only work fine in dolphin 5.0 (stable) and ishiiruka. The downside is you can't use Dsu in these versions :(

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
In my case, I'm having trouble to get usb loader and wiiflow to start with the games plugged. Just cfg loader loads (and not always) and even after that, I can't start the games at all. The games only work fine in dolphin 5.0 (stable) and ishiiruka. The downside is you can't use Dsu in these versions :(
I have best of luck using cfg loader with an NTFS formatted drive.

Reactions: V800

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Usually (for me) when cfg doesn't load it's because you have multiple drives connected

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Unfortunally, that's not the case. Strangely enough, the same usb drive can be mounted and played on the wii u. It's just the wii which refuse to start my Just Dance mods.

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the necrobump but for anyone still stuck on this, I found a way around the 001 unauthorized error.
Some people were mentioning using Hermes cIOS. Do not use it. This works even on d2x.
It has worked for several mods that I have tried.
You will need:
- Windows PC
- Wii Backup Manager
- Wii Scrubber
- 7z linked in this post.

Step 1. Get your the premodded WBFS/ISO etc. Some modders release them already pre-split by Wii Backup Manager, which usually is a set of two files, a .wbfs and a .wbf1. Put these in a folder inside of the wbfs folder on your USB drive.

1678044780758.png

Step 2. Use Wii Backup Manager to convert the split WBFS back to ISO. Save this in a folder you will be able to access later. Wait for it to complete.

1678045465027.png

Step 3a. Usually the versions of Wii Scrubber floating around online will come with MakeKeyBin.exe, run it and follow what it says. If you've already done before this ignore this step.

Step 3b. Run Wii Scrubber.

Step 4. Download and extract the 7z file attached in this post. It contains bi2.bin, I'm not sure what it does but you'll need it.

Step 5. Open the ISO you created using Wii Backup Manager, and open it in Wii Scrubber. Locate bi2.bin and right click on it. The option to replace it should show up. Replace it with the bi2.bin in the 7z you downloaded.

1678045678359.png
1678045711172.png

Step 6. Press the trim (not scrub) option after it reparses. Save the ISO somewhere that you can access later on.

Step 7. Go to your USB drive and delete the folder containing the untrimmed version of the WBFS.

Step 8. Add the trimmed ISO to Wii Backup Manager, and transfer it to your drive. Wait for it to finish.

1678046052619.png
1678046076985.png

Step 9. Eject the drive and put it in your Wii, use your backup loader of choice but I will be using USB Loader GX.
Select the trimmed game and press Settings > Game Load and make sure Game IOS is "Use global". Boot the game and it should actually boot.

I use Feh's port of JD23 and another mod, JD Starlight and both were not working before this.
Before I went through with this process, I did update to the latest d2x cIOS, being v11, but I don't know if that in combination with the bi2.bin and trimming made it boot. But feel free to test on v8 or v10.

Some mods work fine without this, like JD East and JD Japan. Hope this works for some other problematic mods.
Credit goes to AlessioDi (bi2.bin) and x-x (method) for this in the Feh's Server/Hub Discord.

Attachments

• bi2.7z
    181 bytes · Views: 53

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry for the necrobump but for anyone still stuck on this, I found a way around the 001 unauthorized error.
Some people were mentioning using Hermes cIOS. Do not use it. This works even on d2x.
It has worked for several mods that I have tried.
You will need:
- Windows PC
- Wii Backup Manager
- Wii Scrubber
- 7z linked in this post.

Step 1. Get your the premodded WBFS/ISO etc. Some modders release them already pre-split by Wii Backup Manager, which usually is a set of two files, a .wbfs and a .wbf1. Put these in a folder inside of the wbfs folder on your USB drive.

View attachment 357271

Step 2. Use Wii Backup Manager to convert the split WBFS back to ISO. Save this in a folder you will be able to access later. Wait for it to complete.

View attachment 357273

Step 3a. Usually the versions of Wii Scrubber floating around online will come with MakeKeyBin.exe, run it and follow what it says. If you've already done before this ignore this step.

Step 3b. Run Wii Scrubber.

Step 4. Download and extract the 7z file attached in this post. It contains bi2.bin, I'm not sure what it does but you'll need it.

Step 5. Open the ISO you created using Wii Backup Manager, and open it in Wii Scrubber. Locate bi2.bin and right click on it. The option to replace it should show up. Replace it with the bi2.bin in the 7z you downloaded.

View attachment 357274View attachment 357275

Step 6. Press the trim (not scrub) option after it reparses. Save the ISO somewhere that you can access later on.

Step 7. Go to your USB drive and delete the folder containing the untrimmed version of the WBFS.

Step 8. Add the trimmed ISO to Wii Backup Manager, and transfer it to your drive. Wait for it to finish.

View attachment 357276View attachment 357277

Step 9. Eject the drive and put it in your Wii, use your backup loader of choice but I will be using USB Loader GX.
Select the trimmed game and press Settings > Game Load and make sure Game IOS is "Use global". Boot the game and it should actually boot.

I use Feh's port of JD23 and another mod, JD Starlight and both were not working before this.
Before I went through with this process, I did update to the latest d2x cIOS, being v11, but I don't know if that in combination with the bi2.bin and trimming made it boot. But feel free to test on v8 or v10.

Some mods work fine without this, like JD East and JD Japan. Hope this works for some other problematic mods.
Credit goes to AlessioDi (bi2.bin) and x-x (method) for this in the Feh's Server/Hub Discord.
Necrobumping is OK in this case. I'll try it when I get home and let you know. Thanks.

Reactions: SMNFXCN

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried with the method stated above but to no avail. All loaders refuse to recognize my FAT-32 drive with JD23 and JD Hyper. I can't even get to the error 001 part like this. I've tried them on Dolphin and they work OK and the same applies to Wii U so, it's just good ol' Wii RVL001 the one which refuse to accept my flash drive.

Reactions: SMNFXCN

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I tried with the method stated above but to no avail. All loaders refuse to recognize my FAT-32 drive with JD23 and JD Hyper. I can't even get to the error 001 part like this. I've tried them on Dolphin and they work OK and the same applies to Wii U so, it's just good ol' Wii RVL001 the one which refuse to accept my flash drive.
I don't know what cIOS you have installed, so a syscheck would help. That sucks to hear though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...