Gaming Error #001 in Zelda Skyward Sword

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well what Sayargh recommended is really useless in my opinion since there is no benefit gained from going to 4.3 & you already installed the latest cios .

What I would recommend is that if you happen to have an external hdd or a flash drive with enough space for zelda is to try using a usb loader to boot the game otherwise the only thing I can think of is burning an unpatched iso and trying it .

WeenerBeener

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What?! Now i get an "DVD-R + no cIOS!" error!! What am I supposed to do now?

Lol. Do you really have a modchip? If yes, it's a really weird one.

Instead of doing a bunch of stuff without knowning why and what for, i suggest to install d2x v6 with base IOS56 to slot 249. To do that, get ModMii, create a wad for said cIOS, and then install it with WAD Manager. Select IOS236 in WAD Manager when asked to select an IOS.

After that, get the latest NeoGamma version:
http://gbatemp.net/t...a-r9-beta-test/

If you still get 001 errors, then your chip needs an update. If there's no update, there would one solution left, but it wouldn't work out.

[that solution would be to use cIOS rev7, yes rev7 not d2x v7! With that, you don't get 001 errors, but it's unlikely to work with a new game like Skyward Sword, because it's base IOS36]

What?! Now i get an "DVD-R + no cIOS!" error!! What am I supposed to do now?

Lol. Do you really have a modchip? If yes, it's a really weird one.

Instead of doing a bunch of stuff without knowning why and what for, i suggest to install d2x v6 with base IOS56 to slot 249. To do that, get ModMii, create a wad for said cIOS, and then install it with WAD Manager. Select IOS236 in WAD Manager when asked to select an IOS.

After that, get the latest NeoGamma version:
http://gbatemp.net/t...a-r9-beta-test/

If you still get 001 errors, then your chip needs an update. If there's no update, there would one solution left, but it wouldn't work out.

[that solution would be to use cIOS rev7, yes rev7 not d2x v7! With that, you don't get 001 errors, but it's unlikely to work with a new game like Skyward Sword, because it's base IOS36]
Nay, I said before, it's a SoftMod. I have no details on it because it was my cousin who had done it for me! I basically stayed for the ability to play NGC and ISO backups. Anyway, if it cannot fix SS, then what shall I do then?

EDIT: And also something i forgot to tell: when the SS DVD is in the Wii, the disc channel does not stop spinning rapidly non-stop. And the homebrew channel wont start if said dvd is inserted. WHat could this be?

OK, no 001 errors anymore - now its a BLACK SCREEN OF NOTHINGNESS... shit seems to happen to me quite alot of times.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well as I said above try burning an unpatched iso . I am not sure exactly what GWP patched but it is pretty old & probably doesn't support new games and might break them .

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest using cfg loader and run the game from usb or sd. Discs arent necessary unless you dont have a drive big enough to handle the game.

WeenerBeener

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will try using an USB if I can find one that works. Have one, but it's quite broken and glitchy - totally not worth using since it crashes alot, I think.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@OlegEqualzName:
Did you patch the game in any way? If yes, try it completely unpatched. Years ago you needed to do that, and for some really old modchips you may need to still do it. But games on softmodded Wiis nowadays have the highest chance to work, if you don't patch a thing, not the .iso directly, and not in the loader.

Well as I said above try burning an unpatched iso . I am not sure exactly what GWP patched but it is pretty old & probably doesn't support new games and might break them

It's the Generic Wii Patcher:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/77938-generic-wii-patcher/

It allows to patch the main.dol with video mode patches, 001 and 002 fixes. The video mode patches are the same as most usb loaders have, 001 patching doesn't work on new games and is not required with proper chips or cIOS anyways. And the 002 error patching is also not required, if you have a modchip, you just need the latest IOS installed, if you use a loader, you just need any recent version.

But you might be right, patching the game might have broken it somewhere.

WeenerBeener

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use Wii backup Manger to transfer the game to the hdd you will be using , download cfg loader & place it on the sd , plug the hdd on the first usb port & launch cfg loader through hbc .
Ignoring me, hm? Glitchy USB stick is totally not sufficient enough.

Well, it seems I have not done a backup on my ISO downloaded. I have to wait for the Sushi Torrent to finish (in about 15 hours - hopefully done by midday). People say that one is not "nuked" and does not get a black screen. If it would work, it was quite smart of me to downloa the torrent early on - it's 80 kb/s for damn's sake! D:

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Use Wii backup Manger to transfer the game to the hdd you will be using , download cfg loader & place it on the sd , plug the hdd on the first usb port & launch cfg loader through hbc .
Ignoring me, hm? Glitchy USB stick is totally not sufficient enough.

That wasn't ignoring I was just stating the way to run games from usb so you can test the usb stick . Anyway if you don't want then do what I and WiiPower suggested & burn a clean iso . If SS AP is similar to that of kirby's new game then the game won't boot with a modified main.dol .

WeenerBeener

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then clean ISO it will be - I am burning right now. My preferable speed is x4 because I had most luck with that one. What would speed x2 benefit with, hm?

Also, don't take my statement of ignoring serious. I'm hardly awake here. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....